Starting ICE on user demand

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

szymonrs

Hi
Finally got my 2018 A3 E-tron. Car is great and now is under repairs work.

Once wanted to start ICE to check how it works and it was not to easy;-))))
Battery is about 75% so after pressing start button and touching keys near sterring wheel, Etron goes automaticaly in EV mode reporting E-tron Ready ;-)))
Finally i started ICE by going to S driving mode and pressing full brake ad flooring acceleration pedal.

But is there any other way to start ICE ?

Rafal

You can! By going to neutral and then pressing pedal to the max (you can feel a little click)
If that doesn't turn on the engine go to D and press brake + gas (as if you're doing launch control) also be careful that you don't have anything in front of you for obvious reasons lmao.

There's a rev limiter to about 1000 RPM so you can't rev higher!

fabian":2xo0zcxp said:
Or just push the EV button and choose hybrid/battery save mode!

Of course! but that won't start the engine unless you start driving ..my answer was about turning the engine while stationary :)

Nyrikki":2vkwraz4 said:
fabian":2vkwraz4 said:

Of course! but that won't start the engine unless you start driving ..my answer was about turning the engine while stationary :)

Thanks guys for reply.

Ofkourse i meant starting while stationary, and ofcourse tried with EV button but it didn't started ICE.

Will try with neutral position and flooring accel pedal?

other quastion is there any EU user with full led light and dynamic turns signals at back?

szymonrs":2pwe9ot3 said:
Nyrikki":2pwe9ot3 said:
fabian":2pwe9ot3 said:

Thanks guys for reply.

Ofkourse i meant starting while stationary, and ofcourse tried with EV button but it didn't started ICE.

Will try with neutral position and flooring accel pedal?

other quastion is there any EU user with full led light and dynamic turns signals at back?

Ok sorry guys I missed the stationary part.

Yup I got the LED lights & dynamic turn

Hello,

If you don't have the Battery charge mode, i suggest you put your car in battery hold (easier by putting yourself into sport mode),
and you then make a very quick full accelerator press and release (very very quick and full, no need to go until the end with the button).

It s even better to do it if you have the auto hold activated. This will start the ICE.
I wouldn't do that in neutral as the ICE might turn on but no so gently.

Back