Lowering a 2016 A3 etron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedgeley

Hey! I own a 2016 A3 e-tron Ultra with a Nav Pack and Premium Sound.
I love this car! It's perfect for what I use it for.
It looks great. I want to make it look superb.

So I would like to lower it about an inch. Maybe new wheels too.

Has anyone lowered theirs? I've heard differing opinions from my favourite wheel guy and retailers.
Is there something about the location of the battery that would interfere? I think this car would just be awesome with
a lowering - probably coil overs.

Advice and experience appreciated.
It's Daytona Grey, and gorgeous

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpeg
    IMG_0877.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I personally would not lower this vehicle, but we all have different reasons to own them and we drive them in different environments. If you choose to sell the 17" wheels, I'll take them off your hands, assuming we are in a compatible geographical location.

Hey! I own a 2016 A3 e-tron Ultra with a Nav Pack and Premium Sound.
I love this car! It's perfect for what I use it for.
It looks great. I want to make it look superb.

So I would like to lower it about an inch. Maybe new wheels too.

Has anyone lowered theirs? I've heard differing opinions from my favourite wheel guy and retailers.
Is there something about the location of the battery that would interfere? I think this car would just be awesome with
a lowering - probably coil overs.

Advice and experience appreciated.
It's Daytona Grey, and gorgeous
I lowered mine and could not be happier. the lower center of gravity and because of the battery wieght gives sports car handling, and makes the larger wheels proportionate. I also had an ultra, until i put 18 inchers on it. you wont regret it. I ordered eibach springs from netherlands

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-212035_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210416-212035_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • audi night_zpsraznlc44.jpg
    audi night_zpsraznlc44.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 1
You decide where your money is best spent, on looks, handling, etc. A semi truck / lorrie darted into my lane going 70 MPH. My evasive hard left toward the center barrier almost upset the car, but neither did the hard right to recover, all with stock 2016 Premium Plus wheels. An ICE A3 might have had a different outcome. Its hard to tell if the higher curb-weight Etron with a lower CG would out-swerve and then recover better than a lighter ICE powered A3.

Factory Etron CG is low with that battery replacing the A3 fuel tank (and the fuel tank replacing the spare tire). I can't see how more smart money will materially improve Etron on-road handling. Looks? Your money, your call.

Factory Etron CG is low with that battery replacing the A3 fuel tank (and the fuel tank replacing the spare tire). I can't see how more smart money will materially improve Etron on-road handling. Looks? Your money, your call.
Wow! I had no idea, may I ask how you know this information? I assumed they had just replaced the spare with the battery directly, Subaru style lol. I guess they took a bit of a more refined approach. This car is such a mystery and has lots of nifty secrets to it. I've been collecting as much documentation about it as I've been able to find online and will hopefully make some time to review all of it.

Back