MMI - Owner's Manual available?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfortson

I'm in the US if this makes a difference. I have a question about the MMI. See the attached pictures. In the car menu, I get a choice for "Owner's Manual". But when I select it, I get the message "No manual on hard drive. Update now?" When I select yes, I get a screen asking for the source of the update.

Following the same procedure I did when I updated my maps, I put a PDF of the owner's manual on an SD card (which has been previously read in my car without problem - no format issues) and stuck it in the SD1 slot. However, all my choices for update source are grayed out/not available. Any ideas?

Having the manual available would be very handy.

edit - well, the images don't post so just imagine a nice, sunny day and forget this thread!

You should have received a CD with the manual on it and used that in the CD/DVD drive as the source. Check your documentation folder, it should have been delivered with all the other books.

jerry3561":15e208nw said:
You should have received a CD with the manual on it and used that in the CD/DVD drive as the source. Check your documentation folder, it should have been delivered with all the other books.

Interesting, I don't remember seeing that but I'll check.

rfortson":norqoe1y said:
jerry3561":norqoe1y said:

Interesting, I don't remember seeing that but I'll check.

Just checked and I don't have a CD with the manuals on it. I've emailed the dealer to see what they say.

I did not receive a CD with my car either. Will check to see if the manual has been loaded once my wife gets back home with the car.

My car has all the manuals pre-loaded. All the videos seem to be available.

Even if the manuals were loaded, I believe that putting the source CD in the documentation wallet would have been part of the PDI.

Well, according to the technologist at the dealer where I got the car (250 miles away) the dealer has to load it onto my car. Which is BS, but didn't feel like arguing.

Anyone in the US have the CD? I'll pay shipping each way to get it so I can load it in my car. Don't really want to explain to my dealer (and make multiple trips downtown) just to load something from a CD.

Otherwise, I guess it will be part of my free 5,000 mile service.

@rfortson - no CD (or DVD) here (outside DC). Only printed manuals in the car at delivery. But then I got the Premium trim line (the bottom of the barrel in the US market) so many of the MMI tricks such as % EV vs. gas mileage don't work for me either.

The MMI manual didn't magically appear after the 5,000 mile service but I didn't know to ask for it.

Must be dealer related. My car is also a premium, albeit with the MMI/Nav option. The manuals are all there in mine. Dealer must have handled it prior to delivery. Don't know which dealer, however. My car was delivered to Boise, but later transferred to Bend when I refused to buy any that weren't blue.

Back