Accessing ETRON via Web or APP

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beskolnick

6 days of troubleshooting at an Audi dealer with Audi OnLine support. Still no ability to connect to the car through the WEB or the iPHONE App. Apparently Verizon (US-based) provided some indication that a data signal was seen at their end but nevertheless NO current data available on the Web portal or on the APP.

Has anyone had similar issues. Our car is 3 m old and unfortunately i've only had time to manage this now. BUT there appears to be no solution in sight.

I am having similar problems. In my situation the ability to get data to/from the car is location dependent. When the car is within about a 2 mile radius of my house I cannot get data to/from the car. When it is in other locations (e.g.where I work which is 5 mies from my house) everything works like it should. There is a coverage map that you can call up on the Audi connect web site. The web site gives you three options; AT&T, T-mobile and e-tron. When you select e-tron is takes you to the AT&T web site even though e-tron connect uses Verizon. Regardless, I have a Verizon cell phone and the reception at my house is better than it is for people who have AT&T or T-Mobile cell phones.

I have been working with Audi customer experience for a couple of months on this. Last week they asked me to take the car to my dealer. The dealer had it for a couple of days and then said Audi is asking them to set up e-tron connect on one of their other cars and see if the problem is with my car or the wireless coverage in my area. I'll post what they find when they get back with me.

I am hoping Audi USA is taking the seriously as they are going to be introducing more e-tron models and wouldn't want to have a reputation for not being able to deliver this service.

beskolnick":3hi8rboc said:
6 days of troubleshooting at an Audi dealer with Audi OnLine support. Still no ability to connect to the car through the WEB or the iPHONE App. Apparently Verizon (US-based) provided some indication that a data signal was seen at their end but nevertheless NO current data available on the Web portal or on the APP.

Has anyone had similar issues. Our car is 3 m old and unfortunately i've only had time to manage this now. BUT there appears to be no solution in sight.

Thanks. Good luck with the dealer. Our car sat there for 6 days and nothing changed. Coordinate between the Dealer and Customer service seems a bit shaky. As a point of fact, communication either outside our house or while the car was at the dealer was non-existent. My impression is that the car is either not 'sharing' its data sources with Verizon. Or Verizon and the WEB service/APP are not looking at the appropriate data stream. BUT what do i know. i'll keep you posted. Please do the same.

Read the thread on this post. If you are not in Southern California, maybe your local dealer can call Audi Pacific service department for assistance.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=166

beskolnick":zdzo91ol said:
Thanks. Good luck with the dealer. Our car sat there for 6 days and nothing changed. Coordinate between the Dealer and Customer service seems a bit shaky. As a point of fact, communication either outside our house or while the car was at the dealer was non-existent. My impression is that the car is either not 'sharing' its data sources with Verizon. Or Verizon and the WEB service/APP are not looking at the appropriate data stream. BUT what do i know. i'll keep you posted. Please do the same.

Just signed up with MyAudi,and it rejected my VIN.This is something that appears "normal" from what I have read.Begs the question,how did those automotive journalists,and bloggers invited to test drive the A3 etron use Connect if so many consumers can't even "connect?"

Tesla appears to have the best owner remote management,and overall U.I. thus far.Yet,if I am paying for a $80k car,I want to do an over 400km road trip without the need for a 2 hour recharge of a depleted battery.If a supercharger's even available on some routes.

For the A3 etron,I would like to just mirror my mobile to the MMI,and cast Google maps for real time traffic, and use bluetooth with stuff like Spotify. Couldn't care less about the bloatware some car manufacturers are loading into the infotainment systems.

Back