Renowned hypermiler Wayne Gerdes tests the A3 Etron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How in the world was he able to get 35 EV miles in LA/OC/SD freeway traffic is beyond me. I can barely get 20 miles from Downtown LA to Long Beach in my daily commute.

bruintoo":2hr1ru5y said:
How in the world was he able to get 35 EV miles in LA/OC/SD freeway traffic is beyond me. I can barely get 20 miles from Downtown LA to Long Beach in my daily commute.

Wayne was not commuting; he was testing for maximum range using a variety of hypermiling techniques discussed on his web site. Temperature was about 73F, no AC, average speed in mid-30mph range. He was testing a car with the 17" tire option, not the 16" Ultra, which would do better.

35 EV miles in LA stop and go slow traffic seems doable. I consistently get 24-28 EV miles on a full charge in northern CA stop and go commute. And I am not hypermiling. As traffic decreases or speed increases, my EV range goes down. I know there is no with/against traffic in LA because its LA (I used to live in MDR) but your LA to LBC commute is about as "against traffic" as you can get. You probably hit 45mph!

Back