Tips on e-tron connect services for USA

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruintoo

Congrats fellow A3 e-tron owners. Just like you I was very excited to finally get delivery of the much anticipated e-tron. However the connect services that came with the car is a hair-pulling experiences. I'm writing down here some tips that may help fellow owners before you go crazy.

Please note there is a difference between MyAudi Connect and the e-tron connect services. MyAudi Connect came with A3 that are ordered with the Tech Package or the Prestige model and is serviced by AT&T Wireless. The e-tron connect service comes with every A3 e-tron that gets delivered and is free for 3 years from Verizon Telematics.

First, there is a brochure/pamphlet that came with the car detailing how to activate the e-tron connect services. Make sure your dealer fills out the necessary paperwork to create and account for you in etron.audiusa.com. However, if they did not, don't fret because you are able to create one on the website.

Supposedly, owners will get 3 emails with 3 different types of information to get e-tron connect working:
1. Temporary password (assuming your dealer created an account for you)
2. Account number
3. PIN number

If you did not get the temporary password, go ahead and create one from etron.audiusa.com. At this point when you log in to the website, it's going to ask you to add a a vehicle (your e-tron). You will need the Account number and the PIN for this. If you did not get either of these, call Audi USA directly at (844) 573-8766. so they can set you up. The actual company that produces account and PIN is Audi e-tron/VW Car-Net/Verizon, the same service provider for the VW e-Golf connect services. You can call VW Car-Net services directly also at (877) 820-2290.

Once you have your account and PIN, go ahead and login to etron.audiusa.com. Add your e-tron using the account number and the PIN. You will discover your e-tron car in there with the VIN number (make sure it's correct).

Now on to the e-tron app. If you have an iPhone or Android phone, download and install the e-tron app. It will ask you to enter your Username. Now here's the tricky part, you would think that you will enter your email as your Username, but NO! You will need to enter your Account number as your user name. The app will then ask you to enter your PIN (the same one). It will then ask you to have a REGISTRATION CODE sent to you. You have a choice of email (supposedly the email from your etron.audiusa.com account) or as a text message to your phone (the one that should have been set up for you by Audi e-tron/VW Car-Net service). Enter the registration code in the next screen and voila! You're now log in to the e-tron app portal.

That's it! Hope this helps new e-tron owners.

I've had my e-tron for almost a week now and still cannot get my account number and PIN. After several calls to the dealer, Audi customer experience and Verizon my account info can't seem to make it from Audi to Verizon.

The only positive thing about this experience is everyone I've talked to has been incredibly nice and patient.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, anything work to get it fixed?

Thanks @bruintoo for a great write up. I'm sorry to see that owners in North America are now facing similar if not the same issues as we UK and other European owners have faced for over a year now.

Audi UK do not seem to understand the e-tron connect app, let alone the problem. I am still awaiting resolution of intermittent connectivity which has been outstanding for the best part of a year.

I would hope that Audi Germany would have a plan of action as this has been one of the biggest gripes of e-tron customers since launch. With other e-tron models coming to market, you would think that all would be well soon!

rmcfarlan":10k5pmy8 said:
I've had my e-tron for almost a week now and still cannot get my account number and PIN. After several calls to the dealer, Audi customer experience and Verizon my account info can't seem to make it from Audi to Verizon.

The only positive thing about this experience is everyone I've talked to has been incredibly nice and patient.

It's now been two weeks and still no account number and PIN. Anyone know how to escalate issues within Audi?

rmcfarlan":1kcz5w2h said:
rmcfarlan":1kcz5w2h said:

It's now been two weeks and still no account number and PIN. Anyone know how to escalate issues within Audi?

In my case, I emailed my disappointment to Audi Customer Experience Center ([email protected]) and cc'd the sales manager of the dealer I bought the car from as well as the service manager of the dealer I bought the car from. I got a fix in 24 hours.

-Ben

bruintoo":t1y879q5 said:
In my case, I emailed my disappointment to Audi Customer Experience Center ([email protected]) and cc'd the sales manager of the dealer I bought the car from as well as the service manager of the dealer I bought the car from. I got a fix in 24 hours.

-Ben

@Ben - I followed your advice and sent and emil to Audi Customer Experience. I also copied the Director of Product Quality and Technical Services. He sent my email to a Regional Case Expert who go my account number and PIN in two hours.

Now I just have to get the app/etron web site to connect to my car reliably.

rmcfarlan":y3xjzlg3 said:
bruintoo":y3xjzlg3 said:

-Ben

@Ben - I followed your advice and sent and emil to Audi Customer Experience. I also copied the Director of Product Quality and Technical Services. He sent my email to a Regional Case Expert who go my account number and PIN in two hours.

Now I just have to get the app/etron web site to connect to my car reliably.
Good! Can you logon to the mobile app and the web portal?
-Ben

bruintoo":ksovx3on said:
-Ben

@Ben - yes I can. Right now I am looking to see if certain geographic locations consistently have the same results (either work or don't work). I have never been able to etron connect to work at at my house (even though the cell signal for Audi Connect is strong) but have not had an issue when etron is parked where I work (about 8 miles away).

FYI. Audi Connect is with AT&T. e-tron Connect is Verizon.
rmcfarlan":2ejleh7q said:
bruintoo":2ejleh7q said:
-Ben

@Ben - yes I can. Right now I am looking to see if certain geographic locations consistently have the same results (either work or don't work). I have never been able to etron connect to work at at my house (even though the cell signal for Audi Connect is strong) but have not had an issue when etron is parked where I work (about 8 miles away).

My understanding is e-tron connect is through Verizon Telematics but the data still routes through AT&T.If you go to the myaudiconnect.com site, select coverage and then etron it takes you to the AT&T website. Regardless, I'll shoot this to Audi customer experience and see what they say.

Rob

bruintoo":1iegjoma said:
FYI. Audi Connect is with AT&T. e-tron Connect is Verizon.
rmcfarlan":1iegjoma said:
bruintoo":1iegjoma said:
-Ben

It looks like I may be wrong. Here is the response from Audi:

"Please note that the Audi connect service and the e-tron® connect services operate independently of each other. Your e-tron® connect services will be functional with or without a subscription to the Audi connect service. As such, the signal strength shown in your MMI® should not impede on your vehicle’s ability to communicate with the web portal or the e-tron® app that houses your vehicle information."

I am still confused on what the e-tron connect system uses for a data link but am glad I won't have to keep my Audi connect subscription just to use the e-tron connect services.

rmcfarlan":2yffd6m5 said:
My understanding is e-tron connect is through Verizon Telematics but the data still routes through AT&T.If you go to the myaudiconnect.com site, select coverage and then etron it takes you to the AT&T website. Regardless, I'll shoot this to Audi customer experience and see what they say.

Rob

Like I've said in my previous posts, the e-tron connect service is SIM built-in to every A3 e-tron, and in the USA service is provided by Verizon Telematics (3G). The Audi Connect is an optional service that you get if you order the Technology Package and in the USA is provided by AT&T (LTE).

rmcfarlan":2logrsbf said:
It looks like I may be wrong. Here is the response from Audi:

"Please note that the Audi connect service and the e-tron® connect services operate independently of each other. Your e-tron® connect services will be functional with or without a subscription to the Audi connect service. As such, the signal strength shown in your MMI® should not impede on your vehicle’s ability to communicate with the web portal or the e-tron® app that houses your vehicle information."

I am still confused on what the e-tron connect system uses for a data link but am glad I won't have to keep my Audi connect subscription just to use the e-tron connect services.

rmcfarlan":2logrsbf said:

Rob

Thanks bruintoo. You've fixed my frustration with a post that is buried and should be elevated to a place where more people can find it.

For those that haven't registered at A3 E-tron Connect yet, here is the link for step one.

https://etron.audiusa.com/

For step 2 you will receive an email asking for you to verify your email address by re-directing to another link and putting in the verification code provided in the email.

For step 3 you will receive an email from Audi Connect that will give you a registration code that you will put into the Audi A3 E-tron app. Then the app will give you a pin that you will enter each time you open the app on your phone.

Worked first time for me.

Enjoy your ride.

Clay

clayrace24":s0m3y1wr said:
For those that haven't registered at A3 E-tron Connect yet, here is the link for step one.

https://etron.audiusa.com/

For step 2 you will receive an email asking for you to verify your email address by re-directing to another link and putting in the verification code provided in the email.

For step 3 you will receive an email from Audi Connect that will give you a registration code that you will put into the Audi A3 E-tron app. Then the app will give you a pin that you will enter each time you open the app on your phone.

Worked first time for me.

Enjoy your ride.

Clay

Took a couple days from when I called to when the registration emails finally dropped into my inbox. The app sort of works - it seems to get updated info now and then. But most of the time won't connect to the e-tron, so there is no hope of getting it to pre-heat the seats or anything. Fairly disappointing...

Back