Need HELP with e-tron connect for US A3 e-trons!

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruintoo

Has anybody here who have gotten their e-tron in the US successfully used the e-tron web portal or the e-tron connect app (iOS or Android)? I am able to log into either the website (etron.audiusa.com) or the mobile app, however, there is no data about my e-tron in either portal. The e-tron doesn't seem to be transmitting any data or the portal doesn't seem to be receiving any data.

I have an open ticket with Audi Customer Support and they are currently looking into it.
-Ben

bruintoo":1cq7tt65 said:
Has anybody here who have gotten their e-tron in the US successfully used the e-tron web portal or the e-tron connect app (iOS or Android)? I am able to log into either the website (etron.audiusa.com) or the mobile app, however, there is no data about my e-tron in either portal. The e-tron doesn't seem to be transmitting any data or the portal doesn't seem to be receiving any data.

I have an open ticket with Audi Customer Support and they are currently looking into it.
-Ben

I successfully connected to the eTron portal and my car through the smartphone (iOS) app. The dealership helped to register and provide me with my PIN. Once connected I was able to see stats, set charge timers etc. The portal (web page) did not display any stats and seemed to be incomplete, however the phone app was able to show me the stats. Note that the collected stats only begin after the car is registered, so you might only see data the day after registering. I also notice that the connection did not work when my car was down in the garage at work, only when I was in close proximity at home. Maybe a cellular connection issue. The app is pretty basic and the charge timer and auxiliary heating setting is pretty useful. Not sure if the app/car can send notifications after a charge is completed (that would be cool!).

Good luck getting connected. I found the Customer Support extremely helpful. They called my dealership and walked them through all the steps. Seems like there's a bit of a learning curve as this is all new for everyone.

avisriv":22zqhpmp said:
bruintoo":22zqhpmp said:

-Ben

I successfully connected to the eTron portal and my car through the smartphone (iOS) app. The dealership helped to register and provide me with my PIN. Once connected I was able to see stats, set charge timers etc. The portal (web page) did not display any stats and seemed to be incomplete, however the phone app was able to show me the stats. Note that the collected stats only begin after the car is registered, so you might only see data the day after registering. I also notice that the connection did not work when my car was down in the garage at work, only when I was in close proximity at home. Maybe a cellular connection issue. The app is pretty basic and the charge timer and auxiliary heating setting is pretty useful. Not sure if the app/car can send notifications after a charge is completed (that would be cool!).

Good luck getting connected. I found the Customer Support extremely helpful. They called my dealership and walked them through all the steps. Seems like there's a bit of a learning curve as this is all new for everyone.

Thanks. Good that I know at least two USA e-tron owners have their e-trons working with e-tron connect app and portal. I've confirmed this from another forum (AudiWorld). Seems there are several things that could be causing the error: Audi's backend servers, Verizon Telematic's side, or god forbid, something is wrong with my car that it's not transmitting data. Audi's tech support guys are troubleshooting, and i may know some answers Monday. Acccording to the Audi Customer Support, I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
-Ben

It seems to be intermittent for me. I just had everything work flawlessly a few hours ago when the car was parked in an outdoor carpark. But at work and home it's failed to update for hours and won't let me do things like turn on the heating remotely (via web or iPhone app), which makes it rather less useful.

I'm glad they're working on it. Hopefully its bugs not endemic design (or Verizon's coverage). I absolutely love the car and agree that Audi's phone support/customer service on the Connect and telematics is great. I was quite critical of them over the many delivery delays, so only fair to say that post-delivery Audi USA have impressed me no end, both dealer and corp.

etronner":35icjhhn said:
It seems to be intermittent for me. I just had everything work flawlessly a few hours ago when the car was parked in an outdoor carpark. But at work and home it's failed to update for hours and won't let me do things like turn on the heating remotely (via web or iPhone app), which makes it rather less useful.

I'm glad they're working on it. Hopefully its bugs not endemic design (or Verizon's coverage). I absolutely love the car and agree that Audi's phone support/customer service on the Connect and telematics is great. I was quite critical of them over the many delivery delays, so only fair to say that post-delivery Audi USA have impressed me no end, both dealer and corp.

It's been two weeks and Audi USA still haven't figured out why my car is not sending information to their servers. The mobile app and the web portal are useless to me. I think I'm going to take my car in and have the dealer sort things out and I'll ask for a loaner.
-Ben

Got the app working. Getting multiple e-mails from Audi in the space of a few minutes about the different accounts (web and app are separate e-mails) didn't help with knowing what went with what.

Followed Bruintoo's suggestion in the other thread about the app only working with the 8 digit account number and 4 digit pin. Once those were entered, they sent a e-mail with a registration code. That in turn activated the app (version 1.1.5) on that device so that I could actually see data from my E-tron.

When the app times out and logs you off, you log back in using the account number and pin. Not your myaudi acount login.

Live updates don't seem to be enabled, you need to tap on the refresh symbol in the upper right hand corner of each mini-applet (such as Vehicle or e-tron) to get new info. The applets are on different refresh cycles, updating e-tron doesn't change the vehicle status and vice versa.

After two trips to the dealer, Audi was finally able to fix my e-tron connectivity issues. It was not provisioned correctly in the first place. But tech is not exactly sure what has fixed it. It's either unplugging and resetting the entire car from an initial state or correctly provisioning the services this time. In any case whatever driving data statistics I had since I bought the car has been wiped.

What an ordeal!

Well, it may have all been in vain as the "App" situation may all be changing if news from forum members in Norway are true! (Thanks to @Erlingni in Oslo and @Mobileum).

"The Norwegian importer recently informed new owners that the A3 e-tron app and portal will be discontinued, and that all A3 e-tron app users will be merged over to my.audi.com app (MMI connect) and portal.

New cars produced after week 45/2015 are already using my.audi only, and not the crappy e-tron app.

Same thing for VW GTE owners currently using e-remote, will start using car-net instead (apparently as of yesterday in Norway)."

jerry3561":1u73l30n said:
Well, it may have all been in vain as the "App" situation may all be changing if news from forum members in Norway are true! (Thanks to @Erlingni in Oslo and @Mobileum).

"The Norwegian importer recently informed new owners that the A3 e-tron app and portal will be discontinued, and that all A3 e-tron app users will be merged over to my.audi.com app (MMI connect) and portal.

New cars produced after week 45/2015 are already using my.audi only, and not the crappy e-tron app.

Same thing for VW GTE owners currently using e-remote, will start using car-net instead (apparently as of yesterday in Norway)."
Not in the U.S.

I'm sure it is possible that they might retain the e-tron app for the US market only, but I would imagine that, bearing the delays faced in releasing the e-tron in the US market that most of the cars may have been built prior to November 9th. In any case, any migration will probably take time in order to make sure that the MMI Connect app can handle the sudden additional load. There would then be one app to cover all Audi models.

I haven't yet tried the MMI Connect app as I have several trouble tickets open with Audi UK on the e-tron app and I don't want to confuse things. They have already identified a faulty LTE antenna behind the rear bumper which may have been part of the problems I was facing. There have also been changes to the MMI firmware since my e-tron was built (week 49 / 2014) but I need to take things one step at a time.

jerry3561":pgegs210 said:
I'm sure it is possible that they might retain the e-tron app for the US market only, but I would imagine that, bearing the delays faced in releasing the e-tron in the US market that most of the cars may have been built prior to November 9th. In any case, any migration will probably take time in order to make sure that the MMI Connect app can handle the sudden additional load. There would then be one app to cover all Audi models.

I haven't yet tried the MMI Connect app as I have several trouble tickets open with Audi UK on the e-tron app and I don't want to confuse things. They have already identified a faulty LTE antenna behind the rear bumper which may have been part of the problems I was facing. There have also been changes to the MMI firmware since my e-tron was built (week 49 / 2014) but I need to take things one step at a time.
So what happens to A3 e-tron models that don't have the MMI Connect package? Retrofit?

As far as I am aware, the MMI connect app simply replaces the e-tron connect app. No changes are required in the vehicle. If the e-tron connect app worked then the MMI connect app should work and have the same features plus some.

After suffering through 2 weeks of "you need navigation" "Audi Connect doesn't use Verizon" and "nope, your car doesn't have a SIM card" by untrained dealer folks, I finally got the help from Audi USA. Joe (the person who helped) got me processed and I received the 3 emails and now have my e-tron registered, I have a PIN and also have an account number! Yeah! Small victory. That was about 18 hours ago.

BUT...if I log on to the desktop portal, it recognizes me, my car and my actual VIN. However the 4 categories (BATTERY, CLIMATE, TRIPS, NEXT SERVICE) are all "Unavailable" or "undefined".

My Phone app, also lets me log on, but the second after I put my PIN in, it flashes the proper screen for about 2 seconds, then up pops a window with, "Your session has expired. Please log on again." And again, and again, and again...

Anyone seen this? Is there a period of time that the car must transmit data before the apps recognize the car as "real"?

Thanks, Rob

@RobPaul - has your e-tron been plugged in since everything was set up? The car will only respond to 15 update requests if not plugged in and perhaps it has to be plugged in to do the first sync? You aren't parked anywhere that Verizon's cellular service doesn't reach are you? Audi Connect uses AT&T but the data for the app goes over Verizon.

It took until the day after I received a login before the app actually worked.

estrong":1s7lbnu2 said:
@RobPaul - has your e-tron been plugged in since everything was set up? The car will only respond to 15 update requests if not plugged in and perhaps it has to be plugged in to do the first sync? You aren't parked anywhere that Verizon's cellular service doesn't reach are you? Audi Connect uses AT&T but the data for the app goes over Verizon.

Thanks for the tip. It finally synched via the computer web interface at the end of the day. But the phone app (both iOS & Android) will not work. After entering the PIN, it pops up with a window stating that the "session has expired" "Please log in again"

But alas, it will not work. I will give it another day.

Thanks!

One issue I have been battling it the e-tron connect services cannot connect to my car in certain areas where I live (including my house). All of these locations have excellent AT&T and Verizon reception. I have been working with Audi Customer experience since I bought my car and it has yet to be fixed. Yesterday they asked me to take it to my dealer so they can work on it. I am hoping the dealer will be able to figure out the issue (although I don't think the problem is with my car). In the mean time they gave me a 2017 A4 to use while it is being fixed. If the A4 didn't go through more gas than the e-tron I'd be happy to let them keep my e-tron indefinitely :D

RobPaul":21mtu2pm said:
estrong":21mtu2pm said:

Thanks for the tip. It finally synched via the computer web interface at the end of the day. But the phone app (both iOS & Android) will not work. After entering the PIN, it pops up with a window stating that the "session has expired" "Please log in again"

Thanks!

rmcfarlan":1w4h6iir said:
One issue I have been battling it the e-tron connect services cannot connect to my car in certain areas where I live (including my house). All of these locations have excellent AT&T and Verizon reception. I have been working with Audi Customer experience since I bought my car and it has yet to be fixed. Yesterday they asked me to take it to my dealer so they can work on it. I am hoping the dealer will be able to figure out the issue (although I don't think the problem is with my car). In the mean time they gave me a 2017 A4 to use while it is being fixed. If the A4 didn't go through more gas than the e-tron I'd be happy to let them keep my e-tron indefinitely :D

RobPaul":1w4h6iir said:
estrong":1w4h6iir said:

Thanks!

Latest news: All is working now!! I just waited a couple more days and now my iOS and Android apps both work! YEAH! The reception for Verizon is spotty in the hills where I live, so it misses the home location, but it works great in town.

Back