Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: US market E-tron deliveries
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:45 am 

bruintoo wrote:
Jeffn31l wrote:
About to sign my lease papers: A3 Etron Prestige, sport package, fully loaded. Blk/Blk. 36 mo, 15k miles/yr. 2.5% Apr. $0 down (as down payment on a lease is really just a prepayment in the long run)

Audi has set the residual at $22,306 which seems low. Monthly
Payment is $686 which was higher than expected. Debating on switching to the Q3 with gas prices as they are.

Yup the residual on my Premium Plus is $21,356.65 which is about 49% of new cost of $43,585. Good news is the driving home, predicted EV miles was 26. We actually drove around 30 miles before the ICE kicked in! Still waiting for Account Number and PIN to complete vehicle registration for e-tron connect. Apparently, these come from Verizon, given to Audi USA, which then emails them to owners.
-Ben

Wow, that's some really good EV range. Keep us updated on your average!

My dealer actually sold my car twice... and to me second, so I'm going to be waiting quite a while. We'll probably do a custom order and wait the 3 months.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:59 am 

pkulak wrote:
bruintoo wrote:
Jeffn31l wrote:
About to sign my lease papers: A3 Etron Prestige, sport package, fully loaded. Blk/Blk. 36 mo, 15k miles/yr. 2.5% Apr. $0 down (as down payment on a lease is really just a prepayment in the long run)

Payment is $686 which was higher than expected. Debating on switching to the Q3 with gas prices as they are.

Yup the residual on my Premium Plus is $21,356.65 which is about 49% of new cost of $43,585. Good news is the driving home, predicted EV miles was 26. We actually drove around 30 miles before the ICE kicked in! Still waiting for Account Number and PIN to complete vehicle registration for e-tron connect. Apparently, these come from Verizon, given to Audi USA, which then emails them to owners.
-Ben

Wow, that's some really good EV range. Keep us updated on your average!

My dealer actually sold my car twice... and to me second, so I'm going to be waiting quite a while. We'll probably do a custom order and wait the 3 months.

Which dealer?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:07 pm 

Have others received their car yet? I'm still getting the "any day now" response from my southern california dealer. Seems crazy that I can track my Amazon packages in detail but the dealers seem clueless on when the cars will arrive at their dealership. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:27 pm 

Audi Wilsonville. I would still totally recommend them though. They are going to give us a loaner until the new car shows up, which means I will turn in my current lease and drive around a free Audi.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:22 pm 

Got mine from Pacific Audi in Torrance, CA. This is my third Audi from them. My first Audi was a 2006 A3, then a 2008 TT Roadster which I have already sold, and now this. I special ordered the scuba blue and gray interior back in August. By the way, anybody received their ACCOUNT and PIN emails from Audi USA for their e-tron connect?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:37 pm 

Not sure I buy that. How can you travel 30 miles on EV, when the EPA says it only goes 16 miles? The low electric range and uncompetitive lease deals is why I'm seriously considering other options...

bruintoo wrote:
Jeffn31l wrote:

-Ben

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:24 pm 

Got my A3 etron today. Florett Silver Premium with 17" package, heated seats, black headliner. Drove 16 miles (pretty much hypermiling under 40 mph) and got under 15 miles of EV. On the return journey switched to Hybrid mode and averaged 22 mpg using mostly ICE. Needless to say, extremely disappointed. I charged the car for 8 hours and got a measly 15 miles! My Prius plugin with less than half the battery size and three hour charge, easily gave me 12+ EV miles. What going on - Audi?!

Update: 2nd day : after adjusting the drive mode to 'Comfort' I was able to get 20 miles on EV and 37 mpg on IC. Much Happier now :-)

I learned that those who went for the non-Navigation MMI miss out on ANY stats or records of their range/performance as Audi has removed the Etron Stats screens from the MMI. All you get is a few basic stats on the tiny driver console - just current trip, no history, nothing. Turns out that there may still be hope to get this data off the smartphone app once the etron-connect (Not the general Audi Connect) has been enabled. the app will hopefully also allow setting of charge timer which I can't do now with the basic MMI. BTW - the Charger is huge and cables are very short, so those who want to back in their car to the wall (charger) - tough luck!

On the positive side, car build is top notch and looks good. I wasn't impressed by the drive quality initially but after shedding my 'Prius driving attitude', I am now enjoying the tighter, quieter and definitely solid+stable drive feel of the etron. I am learning more about the ICT features - not so bad! a lot better on higher trims though.

After some disappointment on the EV range on the first day, I am definitely becoming more and more impressed by the car overall as I familiarize more with the car. After some adjustments or settings, I am now getting 18-20 miles on EV on a very cold winter day so hopeful that range would improve in summer. I like the nice subtle touches such as dimming radio/music when reversing, MMI pop-up when phone call comes in etc.

Last edited by avisriv on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:12 pm 

avisriv wrote:
Got my A3 etron today. Florett Silver Premium with 17" package, heated seats, black headliner. Drove 16 miles (pretty much hypermiling under 40 mph) and got under 15 miles of EV. On the return journey switched to Hybrid mode and averaged 22 mpg using mostly ICE. Needless to say, extremely disappointed. I charged the car for 8 hours and got a measly 15 miles! My Prius plugin with less than half the battery size and three hour charge, easily gave me 12+ EV miles. What going on - Audi?!

Another disappointment for those who went for the non-Navigation MMI is that they miss out on ANY stats or records of their range/performance as Audi has removed the Etron Stats screens from the MMI. All you get is a few basic stats on the tiny driver console - just current trip, no history, nothing. Big fail for Audi. They should at least make the driving stats available to each owner, not just those willing to shell out another $2100 for the Nav unit. BTW - the dealer had no clue about this difference and did not advise that I would miss out key data features.

On the positive side, car build is top notch and looks good. Drive performance is 'meh' so far ... hoping that it might improve after the first 1000 miles. EV range is below expectations. Hybrid efficiency is abysmal, at par with my heavy 8-seater SUV so far. Charger is huge and cables are very short, so those who want to back in their car to the wall (charger) - tough luck! Information tech (ICT) is OK (maybe it is better on higher trims, but Premium is below average). Can only have one device on the bluetooth sync list for example. Haven't played with Audi Connect yet - so maybe I can still have hope.

I was very excited and waited and waited for the car. So far the car is somewhat of a dud but I'll send more updates as my outlook improves.

It's actually on the e-tron brochures with an asterisk*. Certain features are only available with MMI Plus screen. However, once you get the e-tron connect app working, you'll be able to get all those stats and also be able to schedule HVAC and charging remotely. With that said, I don't think anybody has been able to get their e-tron connect services working yet. As far as driving dynamics, it's similar to the 2006 A3 that I traded for this, and I love that car (hence I got this newer version and the fact that it is a PHEV is a bonus). So I don't get the "meh" driving performance. It is eligible for CA green HOV sticker, however, those ran out already - coincidence? It will be eligible for $1,500 CA rebate and the Audi Finance included the $4,168 federal tax rebate into their leases.
-Ben

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:36 pm 

Last edited by bruintoo on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:54 pm 

Quote:
It's actually on the e-tron brochures with an asterisk*. Certain features are only available with MMI Plus screen. However, once you get the e-tron connect app working, you'll be able to get all those stats and also be able to schedule HVAC and charging remotely. With that said, I don't think anybody has been able to get their e-tron connect services working yet. As far as driving dynamics, it's similar to the 2006 A3 that I traded for this, and I love that car (hence I got this newer version and the fact that it is a PHEV is a bonus). So I don't get the "meh" driving performance. It is eligible for CA green HOV sticker, however, those ran out already - coincidence? It will be eligible for $1,500 CA rebate and the Audi Finance included the $4,168 federal tax rebate into their leases.
-Ben

FYI -I am hearing from the dealer that Audi Connect is NOT available to those cars which do not have MMI Plus installed. So the e-tron connect app to get data and set charge timer is not an option for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next