Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: US market E-tron deliveries
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:00 am 

Very interesting, thanks! Assuming 90% charge efficiency, that means about 6 kWh usable rather than the 7.1 in Europe. I wonder why Audi changed that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:09 pm 

I got a call from my dealer saying my car releasing from port (FL) tomorrow 30th Dec. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:14 pm 

pkulak wrote:
Don wrote:
OK, I've had my e-tron for 4 days and driven 300km (200m), and I've enjoyed every mile. The instant electric torque is addicting, step on it and it just takes off silently with no hesitation. Fully charged the trip computer indicates 34km (21m) of electric range, but I've only managed 25km (16m) per day... Not bad I guess considering the weather is only a couple of degrees above freezing. When the 1.4 engine does kick-in you hardly notice and whenever you take your foot off the gas (accelerator?) pedal, the engine shuts off and the car coasts. Touch the brakes and regen kicks in. The brake feel is a little mushy at the top, but press harder and they feel solid. Steering felt a little light for my liking, until I discovered Drive Select - Dynamic mode which tightens things up a bit. Overall I've managed 4.1 liters/100km (57 miles/g).

25 km seems pretty good for 2 degrees. Are you doing anything miserly with the climate control, or just setting it for comfort and forgetting about it? I've been driving an A3 sedan for a few days, and I love it, except for that transmission at low speed. It really feels like a manual, except someone else is feathering the clutch for me, and really only doing a half-decent job! I can't wait to get my car and use an electric motor for low-speed maneuvering. That transmission is great, but it really needs either a torque converter or an electric motor to make it a good daily driving city car.

I just talked to my dealer today, and it didn't sound very promising. He said Audi was still waiting for some emissions clearance before they could be released from port. So, if they are all still on the other coast and waiting for US government okay to get moving, this could be a long, long while. I'm a bit ticked off that the diesel issues are holding back gasoline deliveries.

I got a call from my dealer saying my car releasing from port (FL) tomorrow 30th Dec. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:01 pm 

Quote:

My dealer also called me today and said they are shipping ordered e-trons from San Diego port today. Perfect timing that DMV just ran out of green HOV stickers for CA!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:04 pm 

Same deal in MD, the dealer says they were released from the port in Davisville, RI today.

No updates on the EPA, CARB, or IRS websites though.

Audi's press release from yesterday about the E-tron getting recognition in a green car of the year contest says they are "soon-to-launch."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:33 pm 

Last edited by pkulak on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:25 pm 

Okay, here we go. Got the call today. Released from port and at the dealer in 7-10 days.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:36 pm 

APPROVED!!!! :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cer ... _hevge.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:42 pm 

BdgrKM wrote:

Thats great news... Now anyone that has been contacted by the dealers knows about the lease offers?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:21 am 

My dealer in CA says they have been "released" by the port and should arrive any day now. Anyone getting any better financial offers from their dealers besides full MSRP (and a loyalty discount if you currently own an Audi - which I don't)?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next