US market E-tron deliveries

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estrong

Starting a thread where people in the US market can post that their E-tron has been delivered. Sale or a lease, either one works.

Wondering who will be the first to post and grab bragging rights. ;)

Just took delivery of my Audi A3 etron up here in the Great White North (Vancouver, BC, Canada)... Does that count for bragging rights ? :D ...special thanks to Carl !

Don":303cwe86 said:
Just took delivery of my Audi A3 etron up here in the Great White North (Vancouver, BC, Canada)... Does that count for bragging rights ? :D ...special thanks to Carl !
Keep us posted on what kind of EV miles and MPG you're getting during these colder months. First North American mileage tally.

Don":1n9h63cf said:

You get North American bragging rights. Considering how many are sitting at the ports of entry waiting to be sold, that's a start.

If you drive south for the weekend, you'd the be first private owner to drive their A3 E-tron in the US. But that'd just make the rest of us jealous.

By the way, the e-tron is ridiculously priced low in Canada (if you convert it to US dollars!). A fully loaded e-tron is 45,000 Canadian dollars ($33,700 or so US dollars?!?)

OK, I've had my e-tron for 4 days and driven 300km (200m), and I've enjoyed every mile. The instant electric torque is addicting, step on it and it just takes off silently with no hesitation. Fully charged the trip computer indicates 34km (21m) of electric range, but I've only managed 25km (16m) per day... Not bad I guess considering the weather is only a couple of degrees above freezing. When the 1.4 engine does kick-in you hardly notice and whenever you take your foot off the gas (accelerator?) pedal, the engine shuts off and the car coasts. Touch the brakes and regen kicks in. The brake feel is a little mushy at the top, but press harder and they feel solid. Steering felt a little light for my liking, until I discovered Drive Select - Dynamic mode which tightens things up a bit. Overall I've managed 4.1 liters/100km (57 miles/g).

Don":17yk1ix4 said:
OK, I've had my e-tron for 4 days and driven 300km (200m), and I've enjoyed every mile. The instant electric torque is addicting, step on it and it just takes off silently with no hesitation. Fully charged the trip computer indicates 34km (21m) of electric range, but I've only managed 25km (16m) per day... Not bad I guess considering the weather is only a couple of degrees above freezing. When the 1.4 engine does kick-in you hardly notice and whenever you take your foot off the gas (accelerator?) pedal, the engine shuts off and the car coasts. Touch the brakes and regen kicks in. The brake feel is a little mushy at the top, but press harder and they feel solid. Steering felt a little light for my liking, until I discovered Drive Select - Dynamic mode which tightens things up a bit. Overall I've managed 4.1 liters/100km (57 miles/g).

25 km seems pretty good for 2 degrees. Are you doing anything miserly with the climate control, or just setting it for comfort and forgetting about it? I've been driving an A3 sedan for a few days, and I love it, except for that transmission at low speed. It really feels like a manual, except someone else is feathering the clutch for me, and really only doing a half-decent job! I can't wait to get my car and use an electric motor for low-speed maneuvering. That transmission is great, but it really needs either a torque converter or an electric motor to make it a good daily driving city car.

I just talked to my dealer today, and it didn't sound very promising. He said Audi was still waiting for some emissions clearance before they could be released from port. So, if they are all still on the other coast and waiting for US government okay to get moving, this could be a long, long while. I'm a bit ticked off that the diesel issues are holding back gasoline deliveries.

pkulak":nyjcro38 said:
Don":nyjcro38 said:

25 km seems pretty good for 2 degrees. Are you doing anything miserly with the climate control, or just setting it for comfort and forgetting about it? I've been driving an A3 sedan for a few days, and I love it, except for that transmission at low speed. It really feels like a manual, except someone else is feathering the clutch for me, and really only doing a half-decent job! I can't wait to get my car and use an electric motor for low-speed maneuvering. That transmission is great, but it really needs either a torque converter or an electric motor to make it a good daily driving city car.

I just talked to my dealer today, and it didn't sound very promising. He said Audi was still waiting for some emissions clearance before they could be released from port. So, if they are all still on the other coast and waiting for US government okay to get moving, this could be a long, long while. I'm a bit ticked off that the diesel issues are holding back gasoline deliveries.
The e-trons bound for Southern CA are sitting at the ports in San Diego waiting for CA Air Resources Board certification. I've been checking CARB for signs of approval. So far nope.
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cer ... 6/2016.php

Oh, I know what I wanted to ask. Can you measure the usable capacity? Run it to empty, then measure how much it draws from the wall to fill up? There's been some question as to weather the North American variant is also 7.1 kWh.

And also, does it seem like it's kicking out of EV mode before it has to and using the last of the juice in hybrid auto? I heard some interviews where an engineer mentioned that could be a new strategy.

Thanks!

Just charged up from empty at a public charging station, and it registered only 6.675 kWh, so it seems there's 2.125 kWh in reserve (assuming an 8.8 kWh battery).

When driving in EV mode it's pure electric right down to 0 km of EV range and then switches to "Hold Battery" (not Hybrid mode). While driving in Hold Battery mode the gas engine shuts off whenever you lift off the accelerator and restarts when you touch the pedal again, but it's hardly noticeable. When coming to a complete stop the gas motor shuts off. When pulling away from a stop the electric motor pulls through the intersection and then starts the gas motor. I would assume the 2kWh reserve is for all the restarting of the gas motor and also to ensure longevity of the battery.

Very interesting, thanks! Assuming 90% charge efficiency, that means about 6 kWh usable rather than the 7.1 in Europe. I wonder why Audi changed that.

pkulak":f1qp3kls said:
Don":f1qp3kls said:

I got a call from my dealer saying my car releasing from port (FL) tomorrow 30th Dec. :D

I got a call from my dealer saying my car releasing from port (FL) tomorrow 30th Dec. :D

My dealer also called me today and said they are shipping ordered e-trons from San Diego port today. Perfect timing that DMV just ran out of green HOV stickers for CA!

Same deal in MD, the dealer says they were released from the port in Davisville, RI today.

No updates on the EPA, CARB, or IRS websites though.

Audi's press release from yesterday about the E-tron getting recognition in a green car of the year contest says they are "soon-to-launch."

Okay, here we go. Got the call today. Released from port and at the dealer in 7-10 days.

My dealer in CA says they have been "released" by the port and should arrive any day now. Anyone getting any better financial offers from their dealers besides full MSRP (and a loyalty discount if you currently own an Audi - which I don't)?

Latest posts

Back