USA Leasing Deals - 2 year, 3 year, residual values...

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Audi dealership I spoke with a few weeks ago was absolutely no help - they had no information about lease options yet :(

I just tried searching the Audi USA site, and the only page that came up with 'e-tron lease' was the e-Tron contact page that said 'Please fill out...' so - no help!

Second week in November and still no lease info!! I ordered my etron mid-August. Currently, lots of good deals on CMax, Volt and gas cars. I will likely loose my buyer for my current car. I'm ready to ask for my deposit back. Also early electric range reports (16 -17) and "hybrid" mpg (36!) are about 25% less than the battery size and weight would predict. Perhaps a poor design! Getting cold feet.

My local dealers were absolutely no help either. There are no inventory or lease plans to speak of. There SHOULD be a $4,000 tax credit due to the battery size, which based on the residual of an education guess of 18k, the monthly rates should be near or under $400/month. I really don't want to spend anymore than that on just a entry level A3 audi. I mean everyone knows its basically just a Golf GTE with an Audi badge... The 16 mile electric range really stinks, and the mpg while not in electric mode is below class too. If Audi keeps dragging their feet, I may just go with the new generation Chevy Volt or Plug-In Prius. Not luxury brands, but at least they have lease plans and cars on the ground.

Octavius, I agree. My dealer's finance guy guessed mid $500's for a 36 month 15,000 mile lease on a $46,100 list. He did not consider the ev tax credit. I told him that $460 is pretty much my Max! If Audi is serious even $399 for the base 10,000 mile lease is asking a lot. I will be patient!

Well for the 'Prestige Plus' model priced at 46k, your going to be paying over $500/month. I'm looking at the base model, with maybe an option or two, as it's already well equipped. The Premium base model starts at 37k. I wouldn't pay 46k for just an A3 with extra options, in that case, I would just get into a more prestigious model. I'm actually starting to re-consider my decision as the new generation Volt, and Ford Fusion Energi, far outclass the technology range of the E-tron and they're lease specials are going for just $250/month.

I agree. Take a look at the CMax Energi. I have had one for 3 years and am impressed with its handling,comfort and utility. It sits very well. I would buy another, but the 2016 is essentially unchanged. The lack of a height and lumbar adjustable passenger seat is also a problem for me.

Does anyone know if Audi will factor in the $4000 federal tax credit in their lease rates? In their press release it said that only buyers are eligible for the federal tax credit and not leases. However some car companies factor it in their lease rates. Does VW factor it in their e-Golf leases?
-Ben

They Do because the owner is VW Credit and they take in the tax credit. This is the only way to make their slower sellers, such as the e-Golf, affordable. Being close to 40k, the only way to make the A3 e-tron lease friendly is buy adding this, and perhaps, another dealer incentive, to keep it below $400 a month. There going to have to anyway because they can no longer sell there TDIs legally, until there is a fix, and even if there is, people are going to shy away from them.

December 1 and still no lease or finance numbers! What is Audi thinking? I ordered mid-August. Car is in but I am unable to take delivery. I am a lease customer. This is not acceptable!

Were you able to order with no obligation? My guess is that Audi is still trying to figure out how they are going to go forward with the lease plans, yet remain competitive with the other Plug-In segment. I believe another issue is that the EPA is closely scrutinizing all the Audi cars where they are plug in or not which caused the initial delay of these vehicles. The allocation of funds to fix emissions and no TDIs to sell, are no doubt having the Audi finance people trying to figure out the lease deals.

The dealer was great. When I ordered the car it was clear that I was a lease customer. Options and color were picked with the dealer's concurrence to make the car marketable. The dealer tried to make it work and was generous but I don't want to buy a first generation plug-in. No complaints about the dealer!

I believe the cars are all sitting at the port. For CA, the Air Resources Board (ARB) has not certified the e-tron yet. Actually, VW of A/Audi of A has not had any ARB certified vehicles since August 2015. The last two certified were the 2016 Jetta Hybrid and 2016 Lamborghini Huracan. All other car manufacturers have steady stream of 2016 vehicle certifications, except VW. Check out the list here.

@bruintoo

VW of America did have a 1.4L gas Jetta approved by CARB in Sept but nothing since. Looking at dealer inventory for A3 E-trons up and down the East Coast, it looks like none have been released from the ports outside of CA either.

Does anyone know if any E-trons have been delivered to the US market yet?

Just confirming: Audi is in the car business, right? I pre-ordered a short eternity ago, /love/ the car on paper, but I'm the same, my patience is wearing thin. With each passing day I think I could learn to love another, potentially lesser, hybrid - especially if they ultimately mess up the lease deal attractiveness relative to the i3, which I know has some strong residuals.

My dealer is doing his best (I think) but I can't get lease information or a delivery date with any confidence. The online lease estimation tool doesn't offer the E-tron. This is my first experience with Audi and it's been a complete information vacuum after the announcement finally came out officially that it would be in market from October (ha!).

I would have thought Audi USA have enough issues with reputation right now to be absolutely obsessed with not dropping the ball on the most basic aspects of a launch like this. Their current performance on everything but the car itself would embarrass a mass market player who had almost no brand equity to lose, and is absolutely not at the level I was expecting during the long wait to buy a car from them. We're talking simple stuff nobody messes up nowadays: get my e-mail address and at least keep me informed on where the car is, from the source, even if the news isn't good. If you hit a regulatory hiccup, tell me. Is this hard?

Come on Audi, get it together. I have loved your brand for ever, and I have waited a long time for this car. But if you ignore me for too long, I'll find someone who cares about my business and knows what they are doing beyond the factory. But I'll be sad if it comes to that.

EDIT: OK this was probably too harsh. It turns out the EPA and the IRS deserve my ire more than Audi (c'mon guys, we pay your salaries, get it done). Still hoping that when leases come through, Audi don't do silly things like not roll in the rebate. Not kidding that everyone else's EV and PHEV's seem to have strong deals right now...

@etronner

To be fair, this is the text of the original email I got from my Audi salesperson back in September:

"This is the latest I just received. Apparently, there are 24 e-trons in the ground in San Diego - enough for each dealer to have one on the floor and available for test drives starting October 5. Then there are 274 A3 e-trons scheduled for delivery in December, I believe your car is in that group."

Well, October 5 came and gone without test drives. Actually, I manage to test drive last week with a "corporate" e-tron car. And we're still in December so... fingers crossed.
-Ben

Back