A3 e-tron UK test drives/availibilty

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

I saw on the BMW i3 forum that a member from the UK is taking a test drive on June 30.

Does that mean the A3 e-tron is on sale in the UK? Or is it a pre-release test drive, or dealers are getting the vehicles first...

Looking on Audi's UK website, all one can do is 'register your interest'.

They also have a page on London's new congestion charges, and policies that start July 1, so perhaps that's why the UK launch would appear to be happening after that date?

Hi klaus

I registered my interest on Audi UK's website back in April or May and I was invited to drive the new Audi A3 Sportback e-tron in the historic surroundings of Ragley Hall in Warwickshire. I chose the last available day, 2nd July, and had a good day out. I spent about 20-30 minutes as a front seat passenger where I could observe all the information on the displays while being driven and then swapped over and drove around Ragley Hall and the nearby town of Alcester. I was also able to have a good look around the vehicles and ask the experts from Germany.

Having previously driven the BMW i3 when it was launched in the UK, I must admit that I prefer the Audi. It just so much more understated and reserved but appreciated that this is a matter of personal choice. I have since test driven another A3 in order to gauge various practical aspects and decided to pay a deposit against an early slot on the order books when they open in August (I believe).

The dealers themselves will have to wait for a while before they will be able to get their hands on the e-tron as the demo roadshow has headed back to France and other European countries. So far I was advised that the 10 or so vehicles, all LHD spec, have visited Norway followed by the UK and France. I'm not sure where they are now.

If you are interested, I have a few photos of the vehicle which I could post later.

Hi Jerry, that's great information, thanks for sharing about your test drive experience. That's making me wish I had registered my interest back when I first came across it!

Of course, if you can, share the pictures I'd love to see them.

Back