Anyone modify front grill to black?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR22046

Not a fan of the chrome grill on my silver e-tron and interested in painting or plasti-dipping the grill matte black. Has anyone done this or looked into it?

Cool, have you chosen a method (i.e. paint, plasti-dip)? Look forward to hearing how it turns out.

Hello all,

New to this forum, but looks like there is lots of great information!

I am finally going back into an A3 after five years driving a Q5 (BC, Canada). I don't take delivery until April due to a factory order. In the meantime, I wondered if there was anyone who actually got their grill changed to black. Love the idea of this, so would welcome any photos!

Thanks
Ferster

SFkjeld":2paqn0e2 said:
jzpac22":2paqn0e2 said:
I have done this if anyone is interested in photographs.
Love to see pics and hear a brief explanation of how you did it. Thanks!

YBno15s.jpg

2yUaqin.jpg

I personally did not do it myself, but I did have a guy who specializes in plastic dips and vinyl wrapping add a little style to my vehicle. He applied a satin vinyl wrap to the side mirrors and applied several layers of a matte resin to coat the chrome of the grill. While I do love the stock appearance and there is absolutely nothing lacking, I do feel the end result looks more aggressive (as well as the benefit of not permanent).

It looks pretty sharp :cool: . I can see this being something others will do, now that you've shared the pics! :D
I'm wondering (for my personal taste) if I would prefer the Audi rings to stay chrome? Hmmmm.

hangtime10":39m977o8 said:
It looks pretty sharp :cool: . I can see this being something others will do, now that you've shared the pics! :D
I'm wondering (for my personal taste) if I would prefer the Audi rings to stay chrome? Hmmmm.

Thanks! I'm happy to help. I was wondering the same, ultimately went with the de-chrome for a cleaner look for the grill but all other badges have remained.

Hope this pic works..
0uYtRU2.jpg

Grille was wrapped in 3M Gloss vinyl. Pretty pleased with it, but now need to pull that ugly plate box filler plate thingy!!!
Any ideas how to yank this off without breaking 1000 clips??

Latest posts

Back