Expired 6 month Audi Connect Trial - Still Happy

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiejoe

Hi. Well, my six months are up. I'm pleasantly surprised what keeps working. Here on my US 2018 mid-level model, the Audi A3 etron app still works fine. I can turn on the air conditioner, check the doors, etc. remotely. The Audi-installed ATT chip seems to continue to provide this connectivity fine. The car's wifi hotspot obviously doesn't work, but just three swipes on my phone will turn it into a hotspot for whomever needs it. No more Google Earth maps. That was cool for awhile, but I gave it up because it actually made the map harder for me to read. I can still enter addresses by voice into the navigation system. I tried putting in a T-Mobile data chip into the SIM slot in the glovebox, but it wasn't recognized. From what I have read on another forum, with 2018 US models you need to use a mod tool to activate the slot, and it's just not worth it to me to pursue this. If any other 2018 US owners have had luck using their own chip, I would certainly be interested in knowing your experience. I think the only thing I will miss is sending destinations to my navigation system from my phone. However, Waze is coming to Apple Car Play this fall, so I will be using that for nav from then on. Overall, I'm happy with the basic support with no monthly subscription.

Hi!

Speaking of the A3 e-tron app, is this thing still working for anyone who has been using it? A couple of months ago, it started crashing as soon as I tried to log in with my four-digit passcode. Even before that, it was giving me a few minor problems (i.e., telling me I had a remaining electric range of about 14,000 miles -- I wish! -- telling me the car wasn't plugged in and charging when it obviously was, etc.). My most frequent use for the app was to pre-heat the interior of the car before my wife took it to work on cold mornings, which I am now missing as we approach winter. Admittedly, the app was never a superstar as far as apps go, but it's too bad that what limited useful functionality it originally had is now gone. My hope is that when Audi releases the new e-tron SUV next year there will be a much improved app tied to that car that will also provide functionality to ours.

Really just wondering if others are currently having the same issue.

Kmoores77":28lk8dmm said:
Such as it is the iPhone App is still working for me. Does the website (which seems to have the same features as the App) work for you?
https://etron.audiusa.com/group/aucwp/status

Hmm...forgot about the website. Logged in, and that does work. I guess this will have to be my work-around for now. Maybe I'll try deleting/reinstalling the app and try again.

Thanks!

PDG67":zivl3925 said:
Kmoores77":zivl3925 said:
Such as it is the iPhone App is still working for me. Does the website (which seems to have the same features as the App) work for you?
https://etron.audiusa.com/group/aucwp/status

Hmm...forgot about the website. Logged in, and that does work. I guess this will have to be my work-around for now. Maybe I'll try deleting/reinstalling the app and try again.

Thanks!

Okay, tried deleting and re-installing the app, and now it works. I did have to go through the brief registration process again, though. But at least it now seems to be working as before.

Back