Speaker upgrade

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crockle

Hi
Had the etron for 2 months now and covered about 4000 miles. Generally like the car but as a company car with no options, meant no speaker upgrade :cry:
Stock speakers are not good and a continue irritant - anyone suggestions on how easy to upgrade ?
Cheers

Hey Crockle, welcome to the forum!

Ya I've done some digging and it looks like you may be the first person with an A3 e-Tron to try and do this. I found plenty of information on the last generation:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvfXsBjiyS4

Then of course there's the reviews of the last generation's speakers saying how good they are, I couldn't tell if they were talking about the stock or upgrade package speakers though:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/sp ... it.182506/

Crockle where are you located?

Hi Audiman

Thanks for the info, will do some more research, it is mainly the higher volume that have a problem where the music starts to distort.

Some progress today it is not the speaker, as the distortion that had been occurring at volumes above twenty cleared so there was no distortion on all sources right up to the max. Not entirely sure what the problem was and remains to see whether it is intermittent. Trial and error to see what causes it but reset the MMi media driver and turned off all the Bluetooth devices. A colleague at work has also had the same issue. :D

Turns out it is a software problem resolved by doing the reboot on the radio , menu + big dial + top right soft button. Will get Audi to look at on the first service.

Back