Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Scheduled charging issue (2016 PPlus/Tech/Sport) ...
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:40 pm 

khs604 - what time was it when you plugged in? How low was the charge when you plugged in? What is your normal charging time when empty?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:32 pm 

Quote:
khs604 - what time was it when you plugged in? How low was the charge when you plugged in? What is your normal charging time when empty?

I usually get home from work between 5-6 PM , So it gets plugged in around then. I have a 25 mile commute one way so I always have zero EV miles when I plug in. I normally set the charging window 11pm to 7Am. It takes I believe a little over 7 hrs to charge from zero EV miles to full.
The way it works now, it will charge for a couple hrs (110V) until the battey reaches 6-7 miles, then activate the schedules charging.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:18 pm 

Assuming your Departure Time is 7am, then the behavior you are experiencing sounds wrong to me. You can try moving your departure way out just for kicks, perhaps 2pm or something like that. You might also check to make sure your Auxiliary AC (a completely separate setting, not the checkbox in the charging timer function) is not active.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:53 pm 

bros225, I've tried a lot of charge time settings. I used a start time of 9PM end time of 9AM with a departure time of 3PM.. nothing works. I tried timer one and two on the same schedule with both boxes checked, aux ac is always off. Timer one off, 2 on. No combination I tried works. it just charges to 60% first (about 6-7 miles of EV range) then it stops charging and the timer is active.
This all started when the car threw a CEL. The battery charge module was found bad, dealer changed it but it never charged correctly after that. Took it to two dealers, both found some tech note that said 60% charging was normal operation. They couldn't explain why it worked for 15 months prior to the CEL. They are sticking with the 60% because its all they have and they don't want to spend the time (and $$) to research this and actually fix it.
This gives me no confidence it Audi's future EV's. I'm half way through my lease so I'll just be stuck paying 46-60 cents /kWh for a couple of hours every day until I get rid of this car. Too bad because it drives so nice.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am 

Not sure if this will help. Over the past 55,000 km I had 2 recalls performed on my car (Canadian model - '16 Technik). The code and description as stated on my work order.
Code: 97CB Recall - Battery Load and Software Update
Code: 93C7 - Update- Software Update for Battery Regulation (NVLW) - Battery Load

Check to see if these updates were performed on your car.