Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Breaks Squeaking
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 pm 

Hi All!

I am new to the forums! I have a 2017 Premium Plus with Technology package and since the day I got it the breaks have squeaked. I have had it into the dealer three times and they have replaced the front rotators and pads and now the back rotators and pads and it is still letting out a high pitched noise when I break harder at low speeds. Anyone else having this issue? I didn't see anyone mentioning it in the forums so I thought I would ask. I have had the car for a year (today actually) and I am fed up of dealing with this and I am trying to decide if it is just this particular car or if all of them do this?

From what my local dealer has told me it's a known issue with rust or whatever forming over night that the pads have to get rid of the next day. The car stays outside and I live in Oregon where we are known to have rain (or snow like today). So I can understand kind of why it is happening but I have done some searching online to see if anyone else has this complaint and I am just not seeing anything out there. This is the most expensive car I have ever owned and it has been the only one to squeak (and I had a Subaru hybrid previously with a similar type of breaking system).

Post subject: Re: Breaks Squeaking
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm 

I have noticed this as well. I addressed this with my dealer and they informed me it is a known issue and related to "brake dust," apparently because of the battery regenerative process.

Other than the mild annoyance, brakes otherwise function without issue however.

Post subject: Re: Breaks Squeaking
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:06 am 

I would not worry about it. Look at your rotors before you start driving. I notice the brakes squeak if the rotors are rusty, and that they are rusty if left outside in windy rainy conditions.
My last car was a VW and it did the same thing. I traded it at over 180,000 miles with no brake trouble.