what is in the rear storage areas?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayasa

Noticed that there are several storage "bins" on the right and left sides of the rear cargo area. What is in there? And are they useful for anything?

Audi-A3-E-tron-has-a-full-trunk.jpg

Don't have the car nearby right now to look (it's the wife's, and she's just left town for the weekend to visit family), but as I recall, the driver's side area had a tire repair kit (compressor, etc.) strapped in, and the other side didn't have much except for access to the manual fuel door release. There's a little extra room on the passenger side area, but no real "floor" to set stuff on. One could probably fit in some soft things like gloves, towels, etc., but nothing I wanted to stash in there really fit. I tried putting the jack in both places, but there wasn't nearly enough room, although I think if engineers had spent enough time on it, there could have been.

Looks like an opportunity for aftermarket storage bins. Maybe you could throw stuff in a mesh bag than stuff it in one of the storage areas?

On the left side is the tire pump and puncture seal can. The right side has something in it as well, but I don't recall off-hand.

FYI contrary to someone has said you can fit the jack in the right storage area with some finessing. this was the first thing I did when I took delivery of my E-tron

Agreed on the jack . Beats me why they didnt put it in there to begin with..

dlawrence":3rqdufy1 said:
...without a spare tire, what would be the typical usage for the jack?

Get a flat.
Jack up car, remove wheel with flat tire.
Take wheel with flat tire to shop.
Buy replacement tire and have it mounted on wheel and balanced.
Return to car.
Install replacement tire.
Lower car.
Put jack back.
Continue on your way.

Ah! OK - I guess that makes sense. :D

I'm more of a "Call AAA, have them tow me to a tire shop, have them install the tire, go get a beer" kind of guy myself.

Cheers,

David

dlawrence":ydlhb72r said:
This may be a silly question, but without a spare tire, what would be the typical usage for the jack?
The manual says in case of a flat: jack up, inject tin of sealer, spin wheel to distribute sealer, pump up with tiny compressor.

GrayEtron":3rvsdh46 said:
dlawrence":3rvsdh46 said:
This may be a silly question, but without a spare tire, what would be the typical usage for the jack?
The manual says in case of a flat: jack up, inject tin of sealer, spin wheel to distribute sealer, pump up with tiny compressor.

That is what the manual says, real life = attempt to inject sealer, fail, call roadside recovery.

Back