Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Radio audio automatically comes on every time I get in
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:59 am 

I thought I was nudging the volume knob with my leg but every time I get in and start driving i can hear the radio quietly whispering in the background and have to turn it off - this can't be right have I missed a setting somewhere?

Post subject: Re: Radio audio automatically comes on every time I get in
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:38 am 

Unless you intentionally turn off the radio (depress the volume button until it turns off) then the radio will remain at the level (volume) and station you had when you exited the car.
I don't recall any settings within the MMI that I can set to make the radio always turn off when I exit the car and not automatically turn on when I'm restart.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 am 

hangtime10 wrote:
Unless you intentionally turn off the radio (depress the volume button until it turns off) then the radio will remain at the level (volume) and station you had when you exited the car.
I don't recall any settings within the MMI that I can set to make the radio always turn off when I exit the car and not automatically turn on when I'm restart.

Hiya, no it comes on even when it's been turned off before I last got out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 am 

Faldo wrote:
hangtime10 wrote:

Are you just giving the button a quick push? That only mutes the radio, doesn't turn it off. You have to push and hold the button to completely turn it off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 am 

Faldo wrote:
hangtime10 wrote:

Hmmm. I believe (as Arne stated) that you're only muting the radio and not turning it off entirely.
Next time try this. With the radio on and the screen up, depress the button until the screen retracts. Then start the car again and see if the radio comes on.
I'm sure owners of Audi cars will confirm that once the radio is off it stays off.