New owner with questions!

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asa3

Hey all - just picked up my e-tron last week... I'd expected to be in for a long wait because I wanted a Prestige, but a canceled order suddenly showed up at a nearby dealer, so I grabbed it. Glacier White with Chestnut interior, love it so far!

A couple questions I haven't seen definitively answered in the manual or online:

- Is there any way to change the default mode *after* the battery is depleted? It always seems to go from EV to Hold no matter what the previous setting was.
- Has anyone seen the station status work correctly when you look up charging stations in Audi connect? Every single station shows "Unknown" for me - would be great to know if they're currently in use.

asa3":3tuq1d0u said:
Hey all - just picked up my e-tron last week... I'd expected to be in for a long wait because I wanted a Prestige, but a canceled order suddenly showed up at a nearby dealer, so I grabbed it. Glacier White with Chestnut interior, love it so far!

A couple questions I haven't seen definitively answered in the manual or online:

- Is there any way to change the default mode *after* the battery is depleted? It always seems to go from EV to Hold no matter what the previous setting was.
- Has anyone seen the station status work correctly when you look up charging stations in Audi connect? Every single station shows "Unknown" for me - would be great to know if they're currently in use.

No to default as Battery Hold...so for now only manually switch to Hybrid. This is something on my list of coding thru OBDeleven to see if it can be changed.

salvadorsantana":2k32e384 said:
No to default as Battery Hold...so for now only manually switch to Hybrid. This is something on my list of coding thru OBDeleven to see if it can be changed.

Awesome, good luck.

For the Charging Stations listed on the GPS, there is no connection to the CS provider so there isn't a way for the GPS to know the status. Many of the CSs are in dealerships (at least in my area of Toronto) and run by the dealerships themselves.
I'm not sure how they work if you have network connection, like in the USA, but in Canada we don't have that available to us.
There are plenty of Apps available which will tell you location, status and costs (if applicable) for CSs.
Charge Point, PlugShare, Sun Country Highway, Flo, Charge Hub.

salvadorsantana":iaek9lfk said:

Let us know how it goes. If it works, I might consider getting OBDeleven as I wanted the default to be Hybrid

copel":kmpefppg said:
salvadorsantana":kmpefppg said:

Let us know how it goes. If it works, I might consider getting OBDeleven as I wanted the default to be Hybrid
I have OBDeleven, have not seen any indication that the default mode can be edited. Haven't really looked much though, as I like EV as the default.

Back