Anyone managed to get their etron registered on the portal?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerjames99

I picked up my etron on March 1. Ever since then I have been trying to add the vehicle to my account on the etron Audi Connect portal. At first it would not recognise my VIN. Then after a couple of days it finally recognised the VIN and went to the next stage at which point it told me not to log out and wait for the process to finish. After a while it said my session had timed out. My vehicle was shown but it was listed as being in the process of being registered. I then received an email that said my vehicle had been registered. Over the next few days I tried login to the portal to check on the vehicle. I only occasionally managed to login and on some days I could not login at all. A couple of days ago I got in and tried to delete my entire profile so I could start again. It would not let me do this saying that I had to delete all vehicles from the profile first I could not do this because the vehicle was still "in the process of being registered". Catch 22!

I have spoken to Audi Support and they say that they have escalated the problem and that someone will ring me back. They never do! It now 12 days in and a major feature of my 36 grand vehicle is not working. I am one annoyed bunny at the moment. Has anyone else got any further with this?

@rogerjames99, I sympathise with you and your efforts. I have managed to get Audi Connect working but it does come up with some strange bugs every now and then. When I originally entered my VIN it showed my vehicle as an A3 Sportback e-tron. It currently shows my vehicle as an A3 Sportback Ambition. Most of the Connect Apps in the portal were duplicated which I managed to sort out with a reset. Things are complicated further by there being a "My Audi" portal and a "Audi A3 e-tron" portal and both display similar functionality!

MyAudi https://my.audi.com/content/gb/myaudi/en/home.html
Audi A3 e-tron portal https://www.a3etron.audi.com/portal/en/web/v-au-im/logout

Sometimes I think I may need to delete everything and start again...

Glad to hear that at least someone got it working. I have only tried via the etron portal.

I am now 100% stuck.

I have a vehice showing in the portal as
Adding your vehicle. Please do not abort the process This might take some time. You can leave this page, but please do not log out.
I cannot delete this vehicle.

Nor can I delete my overall profile beacuse it wants me to delete all vehicles first.

Argh!

Just to put more icing on the cake. I tried a Lebara data and messaging sim in the car data sim slot. The data part works fine. But the etron thinks the sim is on a the vodafone network (or some other uk network I forget which). So the messaging service centre number is wrong. However there is no way to chnage this in the MMI. You can only change the APN. My iphone does not support RSAP so I cannot use that instead. So no in car own messaging functions.

I have just sent off for an O2 data asnd messaging pay as you go sim. I hope that works.

However, in spite of all this I still think the car is fantastic.

Roger

I took delivery of my e-tron this morning and managed to register it on the e-tron portal fine.

After having previously created an account on the a3etron.audi.com portal, I added my vehicle today. Needed to enter the VIN code, current mileage and a name for the car. The 'adding vehicle' bit took some time and I also had the warning not to log out in the process. I left my computer for a while and when I came back (10-15 mins) later my session had timed out. When I logged back in the vehicle had been added. It seems to have added a trip but the data seems a couple of hours old. When I try updating the session times out. So not perfect yet... Will haven another look tomorrow.

After using the Apple e-tron app for a few days, I am questioning the usefulness of the Trip Data. Or perhaps I don't understand it properly. Just did a 194 miles trip starting and finishing on an empty battery. Trip data reports 23.9 mpkWh. What does that mean? That I used 8.1 kWh on the trip? Not from the mains, as I started with an empty battery.

Another one. Earlier this week I did 13 miles in EV mode only. Trip data reports 2.7 mpkWh. Does this mean I used 4.81 kWh on that stretch? Or about half a battery. Possibly true. But useful?

Hi All,
I picked up my e-tron on Wednesday - no luck with adding my vehicle details though! I originally got an error message saying that the mileage didn't match that of the car. Now the Portal will not recognise my password and will not allow me to reset it, so I'm completely locked out........not a great advert for Audi technology :?

I was told by the dealer that I should enter the milage value with leading zeros. I did, 6 digits with leading zeros. Worked fine, but is obviously not a perfect user interface. :roll:

I took delivery in March and still not able to register car. Dealer has also tried and he has same problem. The other 2 etrons bought by the company have registered without problem. Audi support keep trying but without success and was promised weeks ago someone from Germany would contact me, guess what still waiting

after 2 months I can't connect my audi etron!!!

Same problem, "Mileage entered does not match the mileage received from car"

anybody have the solution???

Thanks in advance..........

Hello

I got my A3 Etron this Monday. I really like it, but I also can't register it in the portal. What a crappy process.

I enter my VIN, mileage and car nick name and click Submit. I then get to pick a 4 digit code, but then the page reloads with a message saying that it is not possible to verify my VIN.

I will try to fill the mileage with zeros as a poster above mentioned.

Hi Everyone,

I tried to get my e-tron (delivered yesterday) registered on the portal.
I got the same "mileage does not match car" type of message others seem to have received.

You do need to enter a total of 6 digits otherwise it rejects immediately, I entered "000079" but at the end of the process I got the same message.

Thinking laterally, although it does request mileage I thought I might try KMs since the car will store both, so I entered "000126" and it worked.

I still don't have a connection but the registration process is now complete.

Note that this portal is for European owners only. Apparently Audi is playing games with us, as the conditions for Canada and the US are different from those for Europe, and also from each other. Specifically, although Canada mentions the connect services in the manual, thee is no spot for a SIM card in the vehicle. Not sure how Audi Connect is supposed to work in this case.

In Europe at least, you don't need a SIM card to connect to the car for basic services: charge state, remote AC switch-on, etc..

I thought that a SIM would be required, I used one to get it set up and you get in-car weather, wifi hub and so on. But then I took it out and the web portal connections and smartphone app still works.

I don't need the in-car stuff (more distractions) so I did not put the SIM back in and it all works fine without it.

andymccrory":712bbq13 said:
In Europe at least, you don't need a SIM card to connect to the car for basic services: charge state, remote AC switch-on, etc..

I thought that a SIM would be required, I used one to get it set up and you get in-car weather, wifi hub and so on. But then I took it out and the web portal connections and smartphone app still works.

I don't need the in-car stuff (more distractions) so I did not put the SIM back in and it all works fine without it.

I haven't been able to do anything more than stream music from my phone, and display texts an emails. No e-tron functionality (and there does not seem to be an e-tron phone app in Canada).

Back