Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: System fault.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:22 pm 

My 2017 etron with 2000 miles popped an error "system fault". It totally shut down and showed "max revs 3000". Does anyone have an idea of what that means? It is with the dealer now.

Post subject: Re: System fault.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:27 pm 

Very odd. Let us know the outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:48 am 

The car went into the shop on Saturday, 3/11. It would not start or power up at all. I didn't get it back until Friday the 17th. They had to run two "test plans" and submit the results to "level 2 support" back east (I'm in California). The results were inconclusive. They basically rebooted the system and gave it back to me. The repair invoice notes "NO REPAIRS PERFORMED AT THIS TIME".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 am 

Papo wrote:
The car went into the shop on Saturday, 3/11. It would not start or power up at all. I didn't get it back until Friday the 17th. They had to run two "test plans" and submit the results to "level 2 support" back east (I'm in California). The results were inconclusive. They basically rebooted the system and gave it back to me. The repair invoice notes "NO REPAIRS PERFORMED AT THIS TIME".

Well, that's a little disconcerting. Hopefully it was just a fluke and doesn't come up again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:34 pm 

Papo wrote:

Sounds like stereotypical IT support:
Did you reboot?
Yes.
Does it work now?
Yes.
Then its fixed!
Um, no, that's not how computers work. If there is a glitch it will eventually repeat itself, software does not magically rewrite itself with a reboot.
Hmm, yes, I will mark this issue as resolved, thank you and goodbye.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:15 pm 

It happened again yesterday. This time they think one of the cells in the battery is not communicating well with the controller. They have to determine which of the two is bad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:17 pm 

Something weird happen to my 2016 e-tron's Driver's Information System (DIS) display yesterday. Instead of the of the e-tron specific DIS in the instrument cluster that you can toggle between Energy flow, On-board computer, odometer, etc. my car displayed a regular non e-tron DIS typically found in a regular A3/S3. I couldn't select Energy flow indicator, and no display of EV range whatsoever.

However, when I got home. I turned off the car, waited, turned it back on. Everything was working fine again.

-Ben

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:06 am 

Audi is shipping a battery from overseas. Seven to ten days...