Audi confirms early 2015 launch in US

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

This week is the Detroit Auto Show, and Audi was there with it's bright red A3 e-tron vehicle.

When it hit the stage at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, Audi confirmed the A3 Etron will officially launch in the US in 2015.
The AUdi A3 Sportback E-Tron is priced at 37,000 euros in Germany, which converts to around $50,000 USD. However, typically automakers will adjust prices, not just convert to the new currency, so we expect this price to come down a little bit.

Inside EVs was at the Detroit Auto Show, here are a couple of images they snapped (nothing new)
audi-e-tron-NAIAS-1-600x337.jpg

a3-detroit2-600x274.jpg

Wow, that's a great find, thanks! In the video he says pricepoint around $40,000 - I wonder if that's before or after tax rebates?
I'm forwarding this to the forum admin

marta":1echfz1t said:
Wow, that's a great find, thanks! In the video he says pricepoint around $40,000 - I wonder if that's before or after tax rebates?
I'm forwarding this to the forum admin

My guess is after the tax credits. But with the A3 e-tron, those will be $4k or less. So mid-$40k sticker may be realistic. But we can hope for less. That puts it close to the Volt in price. Granted, less EV range but better interior and arguably better exterior than even the gen 2 Volt about to be released. And IMO, that is the actual competition in this segment. No doubt Audi will market it better than GM did with the Volt.

I had almost written the A3 e-tron off as an option with some estimates putting it mid-$50k range. But believe those were just direct currency conversions. Plus, the lack of information from Audi USA was causing doubt of being truly delivered this year. But the above articles, among others, have injected more focus on what would work for me.

Back