Acceleration/0-60mph time

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiman

Check out this YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxRptqAOt7E

According to Volkswagen, the official 0-60mph time of the GTI is 6.3 seconds, and the gas/electric combined 0-60mph time on the GTE is rated at 7.6 seconds.
Volkswagen officially states that of the GTE's 148 hp turbo engine and 101 hp electric motor, when working together, top power is 201 hp.

So then, why can the GTE match the GTI?

And, of course, if the GTE can beat the the GTI, that means the Audi a3 E-tron may be faster than Audi is telling us?

audiman":2b3ogkkz said:
Check out this YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxRptqAOt7E

According to Volkswagen, the official 0-60mph time of the GTI is 6.3 seconds, and the gas/electric combined 0-60mph time on the GTE is rated at 7.6 seconds.
Volkswagen officially states that of the GTE's 148 hp turbo engine and 101 hp electric motor, when working together, top power is 201 hp.

So then, why can the GTE match the GTI?

And, of course, if the GTE can beat the the GTI, that means the Audi a3 E-tron may be faster than Audi is telling us?

I have a detailed road test of a belgian magazine on the A3. The result of that test states 7.7 s for 100 km/h (usually their tests are rather solid, they have first checked when the car actually drives 100 km/h).
I've read in an online review that GTE and e-tron don't share an identical drive set-up. GTE set-up is more performance oriented (higher peak electric power), I'll try to find that review.

Ok thanks, yes I wasn't sure if the drivetrain is identical, or if it's the same components with different programming etc.

Also, the e-Tron is a heavier vehicle (if I remember right) so that could contribute to a slightly slower 0-100km/h time as well.

audiman":13cjbt9l said:
Ok thanks, yes I wasn't sure if the drivetrain is identical, or if it's the same components with different programming etc.

Also, the e-Tron is a heavier vehicle (if I remember right) so that could contribute to a slightly slower 0-100km/h time as well.

20 kg heavier should not explain such a difference...

Back