New owner of 2017 Premium with sport package!

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducati748

Thanks for all the great info - been reading up all these posts and learning for about two months before buying used. Really appreciate the input for a secondary charger and clarifying the nav/MMI/CarPlay situation. I’m still waiting on a charger so haven’t been able to test out the electric capability.

One question: On the fence about exchanging the car for one with a Tech package or Premium Plus/Prestige for the virtual cockpit and any other features…would appreciate any input/thoughts.

I have the tech package with Virtual Dash on my 2017 Plus that I bought used in 2019. I didn't think I'd like it but it's great. I like the fact that I can
change what I want to see on the dash with a click from the steering wheel. The only negative is that dimmer doesn't let me darken the dash enough to my liking for night driving.

Thanks Bruuster! I can see why the tech package and the nav packages are so handy. I was really considering them but an up charge of $4-5000 on the used car market seemed too pricy given I could use a phone holder and charger from my old Honda CRZ and use my phone for google maps and etc.

Have you or anybody else tried aftermarket installation of tech or nav?

Really looking forward to connecting with more etron owners - it seems like the forum activity has been dying down. My local Audi dealership in Owings mill, MD near Baltimore said my 2017 is only the 2nd they’ve seen -ever. I know I haven’t seen a single one around Baltimore in the last few years. I had thought my 2 seater Honda CRZ hybrid hatchback was rare!

Congrats on the 17 premium with S-line. I have the same setup. These cars are very rare in Texas, so I could not find a premium plus. I don’t like the xenon lights and I would have liked the upgraded stereo B& O and LED headlights if only 2k more. Honestly the premium is fine, I have 9 months with mine and it’s great.

Thanks A3red - that’s reassuring you’ve had your premium for so many months. I wish Audi had been more consistent with installing the capability for CarPlay ..considering a portable CarPlay device but all the accessories I’m interested in are really adding up!

I’m sorry if this was covered in a different post - I remember various messages with how to keep manual mode in sport mode and etc - but when in EV mode, how can I get regenerative charging while coasting? I had the car in Dynamic drive mode and in EV mode (with the green car symbol on in the center console), but the analog display needle only swung to ‘charging’ when I actually physically braked.

" how can I get regenerative charging while coasting? I had the car in Dynamic drive mode and in EV mode (with the green car symbol on in the center console), but the analog display needle only swung to ‘charging’ when I actually physically braked.[/quote]

When in EV mode just move the shift lever to the right (manual). You will get regenerative braking without the brake pedal. You don't need to shift manually while driving either. The car will shift gears automatically. However, if EV battery becomes depleted and engine turns on you'll need to manually shift or put back in Drive.

Bruuster- thanks for the tip! It does work as the needle swings into charging whenever I’m just coasting. However, I’m not seeming to get any regained battery power …. Is that a function of EV ‘battery hold’ vs EV ‘hybrid? Or something else I’m missing?

It takes quite a few miles to see the EV mileage increase from regen manual mode. If I'm on the fwy in slow traffic I'll usually get about 3 additional EV miles to register during a 15 mile trip. However, I haven't been able to get more than 9 miles of regen no matter how long my drive. There may be a limiter.

Gotcha….yeah it’s been getting colder here, 40s or so, and even though when I charge up full the car dashboard says ‘24 mi’, after I go just a mile or two it’s quickly down to 16 miles….I don’t have the car heaters on though.

Back