Scheduling charging time for a 2017 eTron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFkjeld

Surprised I haven’t seen a reference to this. But from what our Audi dealer tells us, we can no longer schedule charging time on our eTron. We brought the car in a few weeks ago for the passenger side air bag recall repair. After the repair, we noticed our car would no longer charge at night. As soon as it is plugged in, it charges. Not good during prime time PGE electricity rate. And the app I used to program the charge time has been d/c’d by Audi. So I took it back to the dealer to have them restore the schedule time. After checking out the car, they told us the latest update from Audi wiped out not just the schedule I programmed, but the entire function to create a scheduled time.

Meaning if we want to charge during cheaper rates, we have to plug in the charger at night. I can’t believe Audi can get away with removing a function like this. I bought an Amazon Smart Switch and presumably can replicate the function myself. But still…..

I was trying to figure this out yesterday and it was driving me crazy. Glad I stumbled upon this thread. That’s really annoying, can’t believe the response from Audi. Do you mind posting a link to the switch you purchased if it’s working for you?

JakeCahill":yegctz1g said:
I was trying to figure this out yesterday and it was driving me crazy. Glad I stumbled upon this thread. That’s really annoying, can’t believe the response from Audi. Do you mind posting a link to the switch you purchased if it’s working for you?

I agree. I don’t get how Audi can just remove such a valuable feature. Once dealer updates your eTron going forward, you will lose the function that allows you to program a charging time. Give prime time electricity rates, owners are going to be paying a lot more to charge their cars.

I bought this Amazon Smart Switch. Pretty easy to schedule a charging time for your charger. Can also control the schedule time remotely over the internet.

Audi should be paying for these switches.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-smart-plu ... 130&sr=8-1

I agree. I don’t get how Audi can just remove such a valuable feature. Once dealer updates your eTron going forward, you will lose the function that allows you to program a charging time. Give prime time electricity rates, owners are going to be paying a lot more to charge their cars.

I bought this Amazon Smart Switch. Pretty easy to schedule a charging time for your charger. Can also control the schedule time remotely over the internet.

Audi should be paying for these switches.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-smart-plu ... 130&sr=8-1[/quote]

Damn I have a 240 outlet, that’s annoying. I’m still mad at Audi for the airbag sensor recall that they “don’t have parts for.”

Yes, the airbag sensor was also outrageous. I called Audi USA and told them I wanted compensation for being unable to use my passenger seat. A week later, I got a call from my local dealer. They told me they had a loaner car for me, that we could use until my car was fixed. A week later, my car was ready. The sensor issue repaired. Unfortunately for me, they cleared the scheduling function in their app. Honestly, it’s quite clown act there at Audi…..

SFkjeld":2t0kzv0n said:
Yes, the airbag sensor was also outrageous. I called Audi USA and told them I wanted compensation for being unable to use my passenger seat. A week later, I got a call from my local dealer. They told me they had a loaner car for me, that we could use until my car was fixed. A week later, my car was ready. The sensor issue repaired. Unfortunately for me, they cleared the scheduling function in their app. Honestly, it’s quite clown act there at Audi…..

Sounds like I will be calling Audi USA tomorrow…

I do not use the charge timer function but I do use the AUX heater/AC function a lot. After the dual recalls the AUX heater/AC has stopped working and is now only partially working if I mess around. It spent over a month in the shop while they threw parts at it. I suspect some buggy software was introduced, I am going to experiment with programmed charging to see if it works as well. You guys may want to check out the AUX AC to see if it works.. Try turning it on immediately via the MMI.

Back