DSG service with VCDS

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokoloshe

Hey guys,

I am looking at replacing the ATF for the DSG of my e-tron, using VCDS.
I found the following online regarding the procedure:

"Process is simple, on vcds go to gearbox ecu, then basic functions and search for empty oil reservoir , you will hear the sound of valve releasing. You will have fail message in dash ( that's o.k ) .
Go under car to undo drain plugs and drain oil from gearbox ( you can see sequence in this video ) . Then just fill oil aprox 5L ( offcourse after screwing back 2 drain plugs witch were undone last , and plastic one ).
Then go back to vcds , gearbox , basic settings, search for fill oil reservoir , it will take some time to build back presure in , you will hear pump is working and shutting down when it reaches desired pressure.
Then start the car and go through gears, leaving for a few seconds in each, check oil temperature in gearbox to be in 30-40° c . Shut down car , and proceed again to vcds and go to gearbox, basic functions, check oil level , start it.
Go under the car and undo drain plug with plastic insert inside, and wait til oil comes almoast dripping, put plug back and you have done your oil change . Check fail codes ,there will be some after loosing pressure ."

Question:
I'm interested to know whether anybody has tried this with VCDS and whether it is as straightforward as described here? Especially the last step regarding the "check ATF level" in VCDS, not sure what actually happens at this stage. Is the oil pumped around until the target temp is reached or what?
Hope to hear from your experience.

Cheers

Did anyone do a DSG oil and filter change with VCDS? I want to do it myself but the VW dealer tried and the VW computer didn’t speak Audi ha. I want to know what adapter to get to put fluid in too. Thanks

tokoloshe":2yspay0i said:
Hey guys,

I am looking at replacing the ATF for the DSG of my e-tron, using VCDS.
Hope to hear from your experience.

Cheers

A3red":2yspay0i said:
Did anyone do a DSG oil and filter change with VCDS? I want to do it myself but the VW dealer tried and the VW computer didn’t speak Audi ha. I want to know what adapter to get to put fluid in too. Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. I've done service on a half dozen VW DSG transmissions and the process is really easy. I just fill from the top through the filter inlet. Not sure if that would work with this one though. Have a VCDS but no fluid adapter. I've found pretty much zero about this process online.

Thanks for the video. It’s in French but the mechanics is what I did. I used VCDS 1) empty reservoir 2) check atf level 3) refil reservoir. I only got 4 liters out. The fill adapter was standard dsg, and needed 14 and 8 mm hex.

I got a filter for 7 speed dsg good for 80k but Audi maintenance schedule says oil at 40 n 80 k with no mention of filter change. I could not find the filter so perhaps it is so hard to get to that Audi says oil only lol.

Back