startup time

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4est

How long does it take to startup?

Most of the times, after the needle sweep, it's "ready"

but sometimes it takes 2-3 seconds to "start" the car. I wonder why and weather or not yours to the same...

Mine is the same. Sometimes it "starts" immediately, but other times it takes a few seconds. I haven't determined why this occurs.

Same here. Very frustrating at times. Sometimes it doesn’t start at all (needle doesn’t move) no matter how long I hold start/stop button. I would really like to know why this happens.

I have the virtual dash. I've had the start up delay a few times. It seems like a sequence issue.
I found that if I hold down the brake pedal before
pushing the start button it starts up right away every time.

same here. I can't seem to make it start quickly when I want. Sometimes it takes 2-3 seconds, sometimes its immediate. Would like to hear if anyone has figured out how to make it start immediately.

maybe the ECU sometimes forgets that it starts in EV mode, and keeps waiting for the ICE to crank ;)

It's probably booting up, like your computer or phone. Doing a pre-check of all the systems. Basically a computer car. So 2-3 secs will give you time to fasten your seatbelt.

Back