DIY for installing an oem plate filler? (US '17 A3 Etron)

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverSpun

I searched the forum and I did not find anything.

I have removed the 2 screws in the US plate bracket but it seems that some clips are holding it in. I didn't want to force it. The Stealership claims that the entire grille needs to be removed. I am not sure about that.

Thanks

It should just pull right off, takes some muscle but I got mine off. Then I just put a euro plate on the front to hide the mounting points for the us spec plate holder. Looks much better. I would post a photo but I don't know how, ha ha.

Weetinyway":1jnqu136 said:
It should just pull right off, takes some muscle but I got mine off. Then I just put a euro plate on the front to hide the mounting points for the us spec plate holder. Looks much better. I would post a photo but I don't know how, ha ha.

I would not recommend to muscle it off since it has a number of clips to hold it on and it would definitely crack the entire grille. Not worth for it. I had it swapped out for the filler plate months back. :)

OverSpun":277vo40g said:
Weetinyway":277vo40g said:

I would not recommend to muscle it off since it has a number of clips to hold it on and it would definitely crack the entire grille. Not worth for it. I had it swapped out for the filler plate months back. :)

Any pics of your filler plate? Do you happen to have a part number?
Just picked up a Glacier White eTron yesterday.

Thanks!

Back