Lead times - delivery delays

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

Has anyone experienced any delays in delivery of a A3 e-tron?

On the 12th of September 2014 I ordered an A3 e-tron as a company car via Lex Autolease. I have got an estimated stock date of 9th of February 2015 from which point it should take 10 days for the car to be delivered. So far so good. Can't wait!

My colleague ordered one just before me (also via Lex) and his delivery date (in stock date) keeps slipping. Now April 2nd.

Mine will be Mythos black with just the cruise control as an extra. Couldn't believe that did't come as standard on a car with this price tag.

Quite the opposite Leon, I ordered mine on the 25th August and received a build week of BW7. You can imagine my surprise when it was already in the dealership yard mid December :eek:

The bad bit is that I can't have it until the official Audi UK launch date of 17th January.

Dropped into Camberley Audi today to pick up my winter wheels and there lurking in the a corner of one of the preparation bays was my e-tron. Even though I requested limited preparation, she still looked good in the sunlight. Scuba blue was definitely a good choice IMHO.

My sales executive was explaining that he was going to have a few unhappy e-tron customers because Camberley Audi have already used up their allocation slots for e-trons and new customers are unlikely to even get a build week until April! :shock:

Once he had mentioned it, I recall a warning from Audi UK back in July when I had my original test drive, that dealerships in the UK would be limited to approximately 500 e-trons in the initial allocation. Given that there are 34+ e-tron centres across the UK, that potentially could limit each centre to around 15 e-trons and given that Camberley Audi services the e-tron demand from it's sister dealerships in Guildford and Basingstoke, that isn't many e-trons.

I believe the matter is being escalated as it hasn't even been officially launched yet.

So anyone who may be looking at an e-tron, check with your dealership as to whether they have any allocation left or otherwise be prepared for a long wait :cry:

It would be interesting to know how many other customer e-trons will be ready for collection on 17th.

My order, on August 28th, was Birmingham Audi's first customer order. I still do not have a firm delivery date, but bw 11 was the last estimate quoted to me just before Christmas. I was also told that they are now taking orders for June / July.

Last Friday I asked for an update, but it has all gone very quiet, I am still waiting to hear back.

To add insult to injury I have received a glossy from Audi UK, telling me about the launch on 17th, and inviting me for a test drive! Not impressed.

If I were you Sue, I'd get onto Audi UK customer services and ask them what is going on. You can refer to my order if you like, but they should be able to come up with answers, after all you are the customer and it is your money.

The following may help:
  • Useful Productions Codes:

• Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
    Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
    Check Point 8 is Production Completed
    Code 30 In Transit from Factory
    Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
    Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
    Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
    Code 40 Vehicle Landed
    Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
    Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
    Code 70 At the retailer

You can track the progress of your car through the Production Codes by
  • 1. Your dealer informing you on a regular basis
    2, You chasing your dealer via phone or email for updates
    3. Telephoning Audi Customer Services on 0800 699 888
    (Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3pm)

Thanks for the information, Jerry.

I have learnt a lot today.

I ordered my car from the dealership on 29 August - Audi confirmed the order on 2 October. How can it take over a month for Audi to confirm the order?????

Apparently, although I ordered my vehicle in good faith, expecting it to get into the build schedule asap, Birmingham Audi did not receive their vehicle allocation until September 15, when they actioned my order. It then took another two weeks for Audi to accept it.

We are still at production code 10, with an estimated build week of 12 - yes it has slipped back again :x and I can't see me taking delivery before mid April at the erliest

Talking to Audi UK today, they are only committing BW 7, as we speak. Anyone who has been promised a delivery by their dealer within the next few weeks (or months), I should check.

As you can imagine, I am not a happy bunny. I do still want the e-tron, but am loosing patience. At the moment I am talking to Audi about a loan vehicle to tide me over as I loose my borrowed wheels next month.

Jerry - I don't know how you managed to get your car so soon, but well done!!

I heard today that my car is delayed from 9th of Feb to 16th March (dealer in stock date).
Quoting factory delay (parts shortage). :cry:

A quick update. I completed all the paperwork with Audi yesterday and took the car down to the detailers for a full Gtechniq preparation/protection. I'll collect it tomorrow morning, by which time it should look stunning.

I admit, I feel lucky that my car arrived ahead of schedule despite it being a shock at the time, after all 8 weeks early is quite a difference. I put it down to shown interest back in April and going to the e-tron roadshow/test drive back in July where they advised me of limited allocations and to get my order in early if I was interested. I was the first customer for one of the south-east's main dealerships and went through a few teething problems with trying to configure the car on new systems, but got there in the end. It also helped that I have a really positive sales consultant who kept me up to date every week or two.

Leon, your Mythos black should look stunning. I saw one in the dealership as they have 3 or 4 e-tron demonstrators, but seemed too much like hard work keeping it clean :( In any case, the e-tron is a great package.

I am a bit annoyed about this too, I ordered my eTron from Sytner in Wakefield, at the time I was quoted March delivery at the latest and later on I was on a build week of 12.. Now I am told that I have a build week of 18 and a May delivery.

I ordered my Audi 19th Sept and I think I was the second person to get my order in!!

The sales guy at Audi recently told me "It appears that all E-Trons have been delayed, there has been an initial production of vehicles for showroom and demonstrator standards – also known as market introduction, customer production and delivery was after that. All of the E-Trons I have sold are back on schedule."

Is Jerry the only eTron owner in the UK at the moment?

I am aware of 2 e-trons that have been united with their new owners in the UK. I am also aware of another that has been built and is in transit somewhere to the UK.
I ordered my e-tron at the end of August and was originally quoted January, then bw 8, which then slipped to 12 and 13. Last week we moved forward to bw 9. Audi UK now ring me weekly with an update, today's call should have been to give me a confirmed build week however it was a little inconclusive - will ring with an update tomorrow?
What I have negotiated is a loan vehicle from 1 March, so I am a lot less stressed as I shall be without wheels from next week. Meanwhile I am hoping to pick up lots of tips from the early adopters (owners).

It is interesting that so many people are waiting for their e-trons. I picked up an E-Tron from Exeter Audi that they had in stock. In fact they had two free. I ordered it on 20 December and picked it up on 10 January (pushed hard to get it before the launch date). Yet to see another one.

I'm also annoyed about the delays ... I was at the UK launch event in July at Ragley Hall and I placed my order with Wakefield Sytner in August (@machine, I suspect I was the first to order!).

Initially I was told build week 4 however subsequent to that I have found out that there is a build issue with the adaptive cruise control (however I haven't got confirmation if this is a supply chain issue for parts or if there is a safety concern that they are working through).

I'm not awaiting a build slot so have no idea when my vehicle is to arrive - and even using social media to try and get Audi's attention is not having any results.

I am aware that dealerships are selling the stock cars that they have been provided however I'm keen to get the options that I selected so I guess I'm either stuck with waiting and constantly chasing for updates or cancelling my order and looking at alternatives ... at the moment i'm in the queue waiting :(

Hi @Smith2000, your sales guys wasn't dicky was it?

I was wondering if mine was delayed because of some of the options;
Paint – same red as promo shots,
Sport Seats Milano leather,
Heated front seats, B & O Sound System,
Aluminium roof rails, Privacy Glass,
Door mirrors – electrically adjustable,
Panoramic glass sunroof,
Cruise Control

@smith2000 who are you getting your updates from?

Hi @machine

I ordered my e-tron on 29 August. Mine was the first Order from Birmingham Audi with an expected January delivery date.

Paint - monsoon grey
Parking system plus
Reversing camera
Auto dimming rear view mirror with light and rain sensor pack
Door mirrors auto dim/folding
Heated front seats
Cruise control

I now get regular updates (at least twice a week) from Audi UK, and also from dealer, But neither can say what is causing the delays, they just empathise with my frustrations.

Sadly it doesn't make things happen any quicker. Still no confirmed build week. Last week it was bw 9, but not confirmed. This week it has slipped back again to bw12.
I don't have adaptive cruise control which seems to be a common cause for delay, so like you, I do wander what the issues are.

Audi have promised me a loan car from 1 March as I am now without a vehicle.

@machine,
I'm dealing with Alex Knight - but I have bought a few cars from Wakefield Audi and they are normally reliable with communication so I believe them when they say that they don't have any further information.

I've also just been on to Audi UK Customer Services to see if I could get any further information and although I didn't get anywhere near finding out about my specific vehicle, the lady did confirm that there was an issue with the Adaptive Cruise Control which has now been resolved and signed off (thats the good news) ... However she also said that there is an issue with the factory in that there are no A3's coming off the production line at present (not just the etron) so quite what hat means is anyones guess!

Getting similar delays to others -
ordered end of september - lots and lots of extras - including driver assist
sales man silently disappeared
got a 2nd one 1st/2nd december
next day a 3rd took over
same day they explained adaptive cc issue - said won't get a build week until after wk8 if we leave it on - removed driver-assist, added components back in changing ACC to CC
tick tick tick
. . .
tick tick tick
today I get told that anyone without a build week already won't get their car until july-september - upto 12 months after I ordered.

Getting very fed up with this - already operating on company permission to keep my present car for more than 4yrs - now I need to explain the need to keep it for another 6-7 months or so.

Even if I tried to switch to something else (since all the other "stock" Audis lying around are basic models) with extras in it I suspect I'd get it around the same timeframe anyway.

If the Tesla was £10K cheaper and had a slightly longer range I'd order that - their website says delivery April or May 2015 for all cars/options.

I finally have a confirmed bw - 11, mid March. Not bad for a car that was ordered at the end of August!

I was never given a build week for my e-tron, but today the audi dealer confirmed my car has been built and awaiting shipment to the uk in the port. I guess in Germany. Estimated to be at the dealer 16/3. Great news! :D
Ordered my car on the 12th of September 2014. Mythos black and cruise control as only extras.

Spoke with the Audi dealer today. There has been a delay in shipping my E-tron from the port of Emden in Germany to the UK. But car is expected to be delivered to me in two to three weeks.
According to the dealer they are delivering quite a few e-trons this month on the new 15 reg. Have the production issues at the plant gone away now?

Back