Illuminated door sill trims, what are they? Where are they?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry3561

Can anyone throw some light (no pun intended) on what I should expect to have been delivered when Illuminated door sill trims (7M9) is listed as Standard Equipment on my interior build (Audi Code: ASAQJ37B) UK spec e-tron.

I would have thought that there would have been some form of illumination behind the trim that would light up the e-tron lettering but there is none. The same code (7M9) usually attracts a £500 premium on an Audi r8, not that I am comparing vehicles, but I believe that there should be some benefit and if it is missing I should possibly seek some compensation?

I have taken it up with my sales exec but am awaiting a response.

Sorry Leon, this was not an April's Fool post, I really am trying to find out from other A3 owners, both ICE and e-tron what they look like and why I don't have them! :(

Sorry.
I entered your build code in the audi configurator iPad app and standard equipment is Aluminium door sill trims. Not illuminated. In my e-tron they are definitely not illuminated!

Yes @Leon, I see that they have now changed it. The original Standard Spec included 7M9 Illuminated door sill trims

I saved all my specs to PDF from my browser and my sales exec has the info so let us see what happens.

Interesting. I just looked back to the spec of my car as ordered and it says 'Aluminium door sill trims with e-tron logo '. It's online, so perhaps they changed it after they realised the mistake. Curious how you get on. Let us know.

I have heard back from my sales executive today, who said that Audi have acknowledged the mistake now and he is seeing what he can offer me as compensation. Watch this space :)

In the August 2014 Audi A3 Sportback e-tron brochure (pdf) it says 'Aluminium door sill trims with e-tron logo'.

Pretty quiet forum this one by the way....

My sales executive has agreed to compensation and while I'm not that keen on retro-fitting illuminated e-tron sill trims, I may get the offer of free servicing in lieu. I'll update this thread when I hear.

Sales exec came through today with confirmation that Audi gave authorisation to offer me my first scheduled service free of charge. This has been logged on the Audi system and can be used at any Audi Centre.

Back