Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lead times - delivery delays
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 am 

I am aware of 2 e-trons that have been united with their new owners in the UK. I am also aware of another that has been built and is in transit somewhere to the UK.
I ordered my e-tron at the end of August and was originally quoted January, then bw 8, which then slipped to 12 and 13. Last week we moved forward to bw 9. Audi UK now ring me weekly with an update, today's call should have been to give me a confirmed build week however it was a little inconclusive - will ring with an update tomorrow?
What I have negotiated is a loan vehicle from 1 March, so I am a lot less stressed as I shall be without wheels from next week. Meanwhile I am hoping to pick up lots of tips from the early adopters (owners).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:17 pm 

It is interesting that so many people are waiting for their e-trons. I picked up an E-Tron from Exeter Audi that they had in stock. In fact they had two free. I ordered it on 20 December and picked it up on 10 January (pushed hard to get it before the launch date). Yet to see another one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:31 am 

I'm also annoyed about the delays ... I was at the UK launch event in July at Ragley Hall and I placed my order with Wakefield Sytner in August (@machine, I suspect I was the first to order!).

Initially I was told build week 4 however subsequent to that I have found out that there is a build issue with the adaptive cruise control (however I haven't got confirmation if this is a supply chain issue for parts or if there is a safety concern that they are working through).

I'm not awaiting a build slot so have no idea when my vehicle is to arrive - and even using social media to try and get Audi's attention is not having any results.

I am aware that dealerships are selling the stock cars that they have been provided however I'm keen to get the options that I selected so I guess I'm either stuck with waiting and constantly chasing for updates or cancelling my order and looking at alternatives ... at the moment i'm in the queue waiting :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 am 

Hi @Smith2000, your sales guys wasn't dicky was it?

I was wondering if mine was delayed because of some of the options;
Paint – same red as promo shots,
Sport Seats Milano leather,
Heated front seats, B & O Sound System,
Aluminium roof rails, Privacy Glass,
Door mirrors – electrically adjustable,
Panoramic glass sunroof,
Cruise Control

@smith2000 who are you getting your updates from?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:28 am 

Hi @machine

I ordered my e-tron on 29 August. Mine was the first Order from Birmingham Audi with an expected January delivery date.

Paint - monsoon grey
Parking system plus
Reversing camera
Auto dimming rear view mirror with light and rain sensor pack
Door mirrors auto dim/folding
Heated front seats
Cruise control

I now get regular updates (at least twice a week) from Audi UK, and also from dealer, But neither can say what is causing the delays, they just empathise with my frustrations.

Sadly it doesn't make things happen any quicker. Still no confirmed build week. Last week it was bw 9, but not confirmed. This week it has slipped back again to bw12.
I don't have adaptive cruise control which seems to be a common cause for delay, so like you, I do wander what the issues are.

Audi have promised me a loan car from 1 March as I am now without a vehicle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:34 am 

@machine,
I'm dealing with Alex Knight - but I have bought a few cars from Wakefield Audi and they are normally reliable with communication so I believe them when they say that they don't have any further information.

I've also just been on to Audi UK Customer Services to see if I could get any further information and although I didn't get anywhere near finding out about my specific vehicle, the lady did confirm that there was an issue with the Adaptive Cruise Control which has now been resolved and signed off (thats the good news) ... However she also said that there is an issue with the factory in that there are no A3's coming off the production line at present (not just the etron) so quite what hat means is anyones guess!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:59 pm 

Getting similar delays to others -
ordered end of september - lots and lots of extras - including driver assist
sales man silently disappeared
got a 2nd one 1st/2nd december
next day a 3rd took over
same day they explained adaptive cc issue - said won't get a build week until after wk8 if we leave it on - removed driver-assist, added components back in changing ACC to CC
tick tick tick
. . .
tick tick tick
today I get told that anyone without a build week already won't get their car until july-september - upto 12 months after I ordered.

Getting very fed up with this - already operating on company permission to keep my present car for more than 4yrs - now I need to explain the need to keep it for another 6-7 months or so.

Even if I tried to switch to something else (since all the other "stock" Audis lying around are basic models) with extras in it I suspect I'd get it around the same timeframe anyway.

If the Tesla was £10K cheaper and had a slightly longer range I'd order that - their website says delivery April or May 2015 for all cars/options.

Last edited by MDPlatts on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:14 pm 

I finally have a confirmed bw - 11, mid March. Not bad for a car that was ordered at the end of August!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:47 pm 

I was never given a build week for my e-tron, but today the audi dealer confirmed my car has been built and awaiting shipment to the uk in the port. I guess in Germany. Estimated to be at the dealer 16/3. Great news! :D
Ordered my car on the 12th of September 2014. Mythos black and cruise control as only extras.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:20 pm 

Spoke with the Audi dealer today. There has been a delay in shipping my E-tron from the port of Emden in Germany to the UK. But car is expected to be delivered to me in two to three weeks.
According to the dealer they are delivering quite a few e-trons this month on the new 15 reg. Have the production issues at the plant gone away now?