Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lead times - delivery delays
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:14 pm 

Has anyone experienced any delays in delivery of a A3 e-tron?

On the 12th of September 2014 I ordered an A3 e-tron as a company car via Lex Autolease. I have got an estimated stock date of 9th of February 2015 from which point it should take 10 days for the car to be delivered. So far so good. Can't wait!

My colleague ordered one just before me (also via Lex) and his delivery date (in stock date) keeps slipping. Now April 2nd.

Mine will be Mythos black with just the cruise control as an extra. Couldn't believe that did't come as standard on a car with this price tag.

Post subject: Re: Lead times - delivery delays
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:09 pm 

Quite the opposite Leon, I ordered mine on the 25th August and received a build week of BW7. You can imagine my surprise when it was already in the dealership yard mid December :o

The bad bit is that I can't have it until the official Audi UK launch date of 17th January.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:59 am 

Only 4 days to go then! :D
Hope you will post us some pics and experiences.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:53 am 

Dropped into Camberley Audi today to pick up my winter wheels and there lurking in the a corner of one of the preparation bays was my e-tron. Even though I requested limited preparation, she still looked good in the sunlight. Scuba blue was definitely a good choice IMHO.

My sales executive was explaining that he was going to have a few unhappy e-tron customers because Camberley Audi have already used up their allocation slots for e-trons and new customers are unlikely to even get a build week until April! :shock:

Once he had mentioned it, I recall a warning from Audi UK back in July when I had my original test drive, that dealerships in the UK would be limited to approximately 500 e-trons in the initial allocation. Given that there are 34+ e-tron centres across the UK, that potentially could limit each centre to around 15 e-trons and given that Camberley Audi services the e-tron demand from it's sister dealerships in Guildford and Basingstoke, that isn't many e-trons.

I believe the matter is being escalated as it hasn't even been officially launched yet.

So anyone who may be looking at an e-tron, check with your dealership as to whether they have any allocation left or otherwise be prepared for a long wait :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:09 am 

It would be interesting to know how many other customer e-trons will be ready for collection on 17th.

My order, on August 28th, was Birmingham Audi's first customer order. I still do not have a firm delivery date, but bw 11 was the last estimate quoted to me just before Christmas. I was also told that they are now taking orders for June / July.

Last Friday I asked for an update, but it has all gone very quiet, I am still waiting to hear back.

To add insult to injury I have received a glossy from Audi UK, telling me about the launch on 17th, and inviting me for a test drive! Not impressed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 pm 

If I were you Sue, I'd get onto Audi UK customer services and ask them what is going on. You can refer to my order if you like, but they should be able to come up with answers, after all you are the customer and it is your money.

The following may help:
    Useful Productions Codes:

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
    Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
    Check Point 8 is Production Completed
    Code 30 In Transit from Factory
    Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
    Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
    Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
    Code 40 Vehicle Landed
    Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
    Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
    Code 70 At the retailer

You can track the progress of your car through the Production Codes by
    1. Your dealer informing you on a regular basis
    2, You chasing your dealer via phone or email for updates
    3. Telephoning Audi Customer Services on 0800 699 888
    (Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3pm)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:37 am 

Thanks for the information, Jerry.

I have learnt a lot today.

I ordered my car from the dealership on 29 August - Audi confirmed the order on 2 October. How can it take over a month for Audi to confirm the order?????

Apparently, although I ordered my vehicle in good faith, expecting it to get into the build schedule asap, Birmingham Audi did not receive their vehicle allocation until September 15, when they actioned my order. It then took another two weeks for Audi to accept it.

We are still at production code 10, with an estimated build week of 12 - yes it has slipped back again :x and I can't see me taking delivery before mid April at the erliest

Talking to Audi UK today, they are only committing BW 7, as we speak. Anyone who has been promised a delivery by their dealer within the next few weeks (or months), I should check.

As you can imagine, I am not a happy bunny. I do still want the e-tron, but am loosing patience. At the moment I am talking to Audi about a loan vehicle to tide me over as I loose my borrowed wheels next month.

Jerry - I don't know how you managed to get your car so soon, but well done!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:16 pm 

I heard today that my car is delayed from 9th of Feb to 16th March (dealer in stock date).
Quoting factory delay (parts shortage). :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:20 am 

A quick update. I completed all the paperwork with Audi yesterday and took the car down to the detailers for a full Gtechniq preparation/protection. I'll collect it tomorrow morning, by which time it should look stunning.

I admit, I feel lucky that my car arrived ahead of schedule despite it being a shock at the time, after all 8 weeks early is quite a difference. I put it down to shown interest back in April and going to the e-tron roadshow/test drive back in July where they advised me of limited allocations and to get my order in early if I was interested. I was the first customer for one of the south-east's main dealerships and went through a few teething problems with trying to configure the car on new systems, but got there in the end. It also helped that I have a really positive sales consultant who kept me up to date every week or two.

Leon, your Mythos black should look stunning. I saw one in the dealership as they have 3 or 4 e-tron demonstrators, but seemed too much like hard work keeping it clean :( In any case, the e-tron is a great package.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:54 am 

I am a bit annoyed about this too, I ordered my eTron from Sytner in Wakefield, at the time I was quoted March delivery at the latest and later on I was on a build week of 12.. Now I am told that I have a build week of 18 and a May delivery.

I ordered my Audi 19th Sept and I think I was the second person to get my order in!!

The sales guy at Audi recently told me "It appears that all E-Trons have been delayed, there has been an initial production of vehicles for showroom and demonstrator standards – also known as market introduction, customer production and delivery was after that. All of the E-Trons I have sold are back on schedule."

Is Jerry the only eTron owner in the UK at the moment?