2016 or 2017 e-Tron?

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFkjeld

Side by side, I preferred the appearance of the 2016 slightly. Then I just read a thread here on this forum about the missing Charge Mode on 2017. There seem to be 2016 models left. Is there any reason to choose a 2017 over a 2016?

Also, are these cars so hot that I should expect to pay MSRP?

I think the Virtual view dash is one of the biggest differences in the 2017
It seems you can work a deal on a 2016 but not so much on the 2017 models

I ended up with a 2017, mostly because there were not many Prem + 2016s in colors I wanted. We got ours in late Nov. I do like the virtual cockpit, so I'm happy we ended up with a 2017.

As for deals, we got a price below invoice. I know that supply tightened up this month because of a port hold, but I'd still expect you can get below MSRP.

I bought a 2016 in October on an end of the model year deal. The only Premium on the lot without extra stuff I didn't want. It was nearly $4k off MSRP.

Virtual cockpit and Car Play would have been nice, but not worth an extra $3k to me.

Instead I got a Clearmount for my iPhone, which gives me up to date nav and traffic, as well as tunes.

clarkaddison":o8k1z5k7 said:
I bought a 2016 in October on an end of the model year deal. The only Premium on the lot without extra stuff I didn't want. It was nearly $4k off MSRP.

Virtual cockpit and Car Play would have been nice, but not worth an extra $3k to me.

Instead I got a Clearmount for my iPhone, which gives me up to date nav and traffic, as well as tunes.
Absolutely! My iOS devices provide much better music, phone and nav than auto manufacturers I think. Guess I need to look into virtual cockpit tho. Does this mean video representations of gauges rather than actual gauges?

I wanted a Prestige that was not black or gray more than I wanted a 2017. They gave me $4358 off sticker on a white 2016. The virtual cockpit would have been cool, but I've got enough tech to figure out. Discount + tax credit = winner. Exxon is going to wonder why I'm not buying gas hardly at all.

I just picked up a prem plus w/ tech and sports pkg last week. msrp 47875 sale $ 43525. I thought it was decent for a 2017. They are in pretty short supply, most are in transit for some reason. for a 2016 I would shoot for 11-12% off msrp. The lease residual for 15k was kind of low, 52%.

Just be aware that some 2017s have problems with phone connectivity, I believe. Maybe it just affects Car Play/Android Auto, but that's the reason many were held up at the port. And apparently there wasn't a fix, just a credit. So if you're waiting on a 2017, be sure to ask about that.

If you can find a 2016, you should get a great deal on them.

Actually, I believe the port hold up was a radiator issue, that was addressed. No fix for phone integration.

Leased a 2017 premium w sport package 2500 down and $365 mo - CA sales tax and federal rebate factored in - discount of 10% or so off msrp to get that number if I recall correctly.

Fun car - the other car's an egolf and the etron actually comparatively sedate in electric mode but gets the job done in start and stop traffic. But drove it through the Malibu hills in the dynamic setting and it was awesome - really nice with the regen slowing you down into turns - and the electric torque boost out of turns.

Oh yeah and in 2017 pre sense included all trims - traffic came to a halt on the freeway today and it beat me to the brake pedal - awesome.

Pre-sense.. the feature you want to know how it works, but never want to test. Great to hear that it handles the unexpected well!

Ian

Back