2017 Order ETA

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanshan

Just preordered a 2017 Technik Etron and posted what i learned in the news section.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=178

Anyone else here order a 2017 and what are your ETAs?

I'm told I'm in the November/December manufacturing allotment, meaning a delivery here in Vancouver, BC, Canada around December/Jan.

Ordered my e-tron June 5. Technik, Sport package, & Technology package - Glacier White Metallic

Dealer was told production begins in September (Confirmed by Audi Canada) and deliveries to Canada expected to arrive as early as November.

Still trying to find out if Audi Connect coming to Canada for the A3 in 2017. Rumours are yes, however no one has been able to confirm.

Ordered my e tron Aug 4, Technik tango red. I just got a call from the dealer today and the car is in Canada and should be in Ottawa next week. Can't wait to get it.

It should happen but the car as to be transported from Halifax to Ottawa. I will post pictures after delivery.

So envious PLs! I ordered same day as you in Aug but have been told I am on manufacturing allotment for week 49 (December) meaning January/Feb arrival unfortunately. Sounds like each dealer gets a certain number of allotments and there were quite a number of orders at the dealership closest to me.

Yes please post some pics of yours when it gets in, would love to see it.

I ordered in mid July I think it was.. been so long I forget, eta to Kitchener is mid Dec I'm told.

When I ordered mine back in August I was told that it was the last of 4 allocated to the dealer (the only one in the national capital region) for the month and that production would be in September, guess I was lucky. I got a call from the dealer last Thursday and delivery is schedule for next Thursday, can't wait.

BTW, I'm currently driving a Jeta TDI 2009 that I'll be storing until VW Canada announces what offer they make us Canadian, hope it is as generous as VW USA.

I'll post pictures as soon as I have time to take them.

PLs

Nice! Were you given any idea when manufacture completed and started delivery? I was told my car just finished production and is heading to port in Germany. I think they're being conservative on the delivery time line, but they pointed out it can be impacted by weather.

Took delivery of my 2017 e tron yesterday. Let me tell you it is fun to drive the MMI system is easy to understand and Android Auto brings a better experience with navigation since we do not have data connection here in Canada. Did not even open the Owner's guide once, will do for sure. Range seems a bit on the low side but temperatures here are around 0 C or 32 F. One thing I noticed is that the charge mode is not shown, guess Audi took it out.

For those who are waiting for a order, the car manufaturing date was 09/16 the dealer called me October 28th and delivery was November 10th.

Here are some pics:

e-tron.jpg

Awesome! We US e-tron owners still envy the you Canadian owners get those super dooper diffuser vents! We don't have a choice.

PLs":1fl0hmey said:
Took delivery of my 2017 e tron yesterday. Let me tell you it is fun to drive the MMI system is easy to understand and Android Auto brings a better experience with navigation since we do not have data connection here in Canada. Did not even open the Owner's guide once, will do for sure. Range seems a bit on the low side but temperatures here are around 0 C or 32 F. One thing I noticed is that the charge mode is not shown, guess Audi took it out.

For those who are waiting for a order, the car manufaturing date was 09/16 the dealer called me October 28th and delivery was November 10th.

Here are some pics:

e-tron.jpg

Great looking car! Congrats. I agree with you on the MMI, I find it pretty intuitive and love the ergonomics of how it's laid out. Do you have the virtual cockpit? If so, how do you like it?

BTW, great taste in colors. ;)

e-tron at Rocket Park-4 by Russ, on Flickr

Yes rfortson, I did get a VC as the Tecknik trim in Canada is the top of the line available and includes almost everything available here except for the Technology Package that includes active systems such as adaptive cruise control. I absolutely love the VC, it is as the MMI easy to use and understand and it keeps your eyes almost on the road, this along with Android auto / Apple CarPlay made me choose the Tecknik over the base model. One thing I would like would be to have the Google maps display on the VC, it does not.

Is this your ride in the picture above? I know there is another thread about license plates but how did you remove the e tron euro plate plastic cover, I can feel tabs but cannot get them unhooked?

This post is to let people know that Audi West Island has a 2017 A3 etron available for test drives.

After taking a test drive, my wife and I decided to order one; the Technik version with the technology package. We are retired, so this combination of electric driving for everyday errands and hybrid driving for road trips feels perfect for our needs. Several cheaper cars could also satisfy those criteria, but none of them met our needs for comfort and convenience.

Welcome to the group mtrodgers99. What color did you order? I hope that you'll enjoy your e-tron as much as I do, I'm retired too and I based my purchase decision on pretty much the same criteria as yours. Please post pics when it arrives, hope the wait is not too long.

PLs":1k2jfzfr said:
Welcome to the group mtrodgers99. What color did you order? I hope that you'll enjoy your e-tron as much as I do, I'm retired too and I based my purchase decision on pretty much the same criteria as yours. Please post pics when it arrives, hope the wait is not too long.

My wife chose the colour: glacier white metallic with rock grey leather. We were told to expect a three month wait. I am in the irritating situation of waiting for VW to buy back my Passat TDI. I might unintentionally have two cars for awhile.

1.) As an impatient person, I am so glad we were able to find our preferred color already on a dealer lot, close enough that our dealer could go get it. A 3 month wait would have driven me crazy.

2.) I think you will be pleased with how well this plugin technology works. I am retired as well, and although my wife still works she uses public transit. Virtually all our daily use is 100% EV. We are thrilled with the results.

3.) We intentionally bought our e-tron in advance of the TDI buy back, so we have had both cars for a couple of months now. The Golf has just been sitting for the most part, we don't want to risk something like getting rear ended and totaling the car. But on the plus side, I just this morning received my official offer letter from VW, so we are hoping to get that part settled sooner than later.

Amazing PLS, congrats. She's a beauty. I do love the red, I used to have a matchstick red VW GTI and am feeling a bit nostalgic seeing yours! I swapped from my nano grey order to monsoon grey after seeing the nano on an Audi TT at a dealership. Nano's just not for me.

Two questions:
1. It seems like they changed the steering wheel to the fully circular one in 2017 as opposed to what they had in 2016 (bottom was straight to make space for legs I guess?). How do you find it?
2. Does your etron have garage door controls otherwise known as homelink? I've been hearing conflicting stories about whether or not it gets installed after reaching the port.

Arne, I did have to practice my patience, but the wait was worthwhile. I did a 100 Km or 60 miles drive today in hybrid mode and the gasoline consumption was around 4.5 l /100 KM, way better than my TDI, for our friends south of the border that equated to 52 US MPG.

Hanshan, during dealer delivery, I did comment on the steering wheel not being flat bottom and was told it is because I have an heated steering wheel, the Audi Canada Web site also shows a flat bottom, but the rounded wheel does not bother me. No homelink on my e-tron that I know of, I just checked the index in my User Manual and there is no mention either. e-tron and most cars sold in Canada differs in equipment from those in the US, so if you are south of the border from me, yours may come equipped with it. BTW the Monsoon Grey Metallic was my second choice, hope you enjoy yours it as much as I enjoy mine.

Back