Importing a Canadian e-tron to the US

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estrong

Given the lack of US deliveries to date and the price differential noted by bruintoo, does anyone know how to go about importing a Canadian e-tron into the US?

bruintoo":2t7fdqqb said:
By the way, the e-tron is ridiculously priced low in Canada (if you convert it to US dollars!). A fully loaded e-tron is 45,000 Canadian dollars ($33,700 or so US dollars?!?)
Both the fully loaded $33.7k USD and the base price of under $30k USD are before tax benefits kick in. Well, that assumes the IRS will allow the US federal break to kick in on a Canadian market Audi. https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/30D-...ve-Motor-Vehicles-Volkswagen-Group-of-America

I am an American living in Canada and just but an Etron and I would not recommend buying one in Canada. Astonishingly, the car does not have a SIM card slot, so you cannot get WiFi or Audi Connect. Canada does not have a 4G network, but you would think Audi would have included such a simple thing for the future possibility. Another issue is the speedometer. It is in kilometers only. You can switch the digital speedometer to MPH, but changing out the speedometer faceplate and resetting the electronics and such is about $1200 US. Plus, the configurations of the Canadian Etron are limited, e.g., interior, colors. I will return to the US in a few years and would like to keep my Etron and will have to live with these shortcomings. Oh Canada.

@Silverdawg - guess we just have different priorities. My phone already provides wifi for passengers in the car and Audi Connect is a negative for me, not a positive.

So I lose three exterior colors and gain one. The chestnut brown interior is gone. Audi Care may or may not be available. None of those are show stoppers.

If I can save USD 10-15k by buying in Canada, that more than covers converting the speedometer and electronics. It even covers Canadian HST, US import taxes, and the import fees.

Back