Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: USA Leasing Deals - 2 year, 3 year, residual values...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 am 

December 1 and still no lease or finance numbers! What is Audi thinking? I ordered mid-August. Car is in but I am unable to take delivery. I am a lease customer. This is not acceptable!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:34 am 

Were you able to order with no obligation? My guess is that Audi is still trying to figure out how they are going to go forward with the lease plans, yet remain competitive with the other Plug-In segment. I believe another issue is that the EPA is closely scrutinizing all the Audi cars where they are plug in or not which caused the initial delay of these vehicles. The allocation of funds to fix emissions and no TDIs to sell, are no doubt having the Audi finance people trying to figure out the lease deals.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:27 pm 

The dealer was great. When I ordered the car it was clear that I was a lease customer. Options and color were picked with the dealer's concurrence to make the car marketable. The dealer tried to make it work and was generous but I don't want to buy a first generation plug-in. No complaints about the dealer!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:05 pm 

I believe the cars are all sitting at the port. For CA, the Air Resources Board (ARB) has not certified the e-tron yet. Actually, VW of A/Audi of A has not had any ARB certified vehicles since August 2015. The last two certified were the 2016 Jetta Hybrid and 2016 Lamborghini Huracan. All other car manufacturers have steady stream of 2016 vehicle certifications, except VW. Check out the list here.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:14 pm 

@bruintoo

VW of America did have a 1.4L gas Jetta approved by CARB in Sept but nothing since. Looking at dealer inventory for A3 E-trons up and down the East Coast, it looks like none have been released from the ports outside of CA either.

Does anyone know if any E-trons have been delivered to the US market yet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:44 am 

Just confirming: Audi is in the car business, right? I pre-ordered a short eternity ago, /love/ the car on paper, but I'm the same, my patience is wearing thin. With each passing day I think I could learn to love another, potentially lesser, hybrid - especially if they ultimately mess up the lease deal attractiveness relative to the i3, which I know has some strong residuals.

My dealer is doing his best (I think) but I can't get lease information or a delivery date with any confidence. The online lease estimation tool doesn't offer the E-tron. This is my first experience with Audi and it's been a complete information vacuum after the announcement finally came out officially that it would be in market from October (ha!).

I would have thought Audi USA have enough issues with reputation right now to be absolutely obsessed with not dropping the ball on the most basic aspects of a launch like this. Their current performance on everything but the car itself would embarrass a mass market player who had almost no brand equity to lose, and is absolutely not at the level I was expecting during the long wait to buy a car from them. We're talking simple stuff nobody messes up nowadays: get my e-mail address and at least keep me informed on where the car is, from the source, even if the news isn't good. If you hit a regulatory hiccup, tell me. Is this hard?

Come on Audi, get it together. I have loved your brand for ever, and I have waited a long time for this car. But if you ignore me for too long, I'll find someone who cares about my business and knows what they are doing beyond the factory. But I'll be sad if it comes to that.

EDIT: OK this was probably too harsh. It turns out the EPA and the IRS deserve my ire more than Audi (c'mon guys, we pay your salaries, get it done). Still hoping that when leases come through, Audi don't do silly things like not roll in the rebate. Not kidding that everyone else's EV and PHEV's seem to have strong deals right now...

Last edited by etronner on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:51 pm 

@etronner

To be fair, this is the text of the original email I got from my Audi salesperson back in September:

"This is the latest I just received. Apparently, there are 24 e-trons in the ground in San Diego - enough for each dealer to have one on the floor and available for test drives starting October 5. Then there are 274 A3 e-trons scheduled for delivery in December, I believe your car is in that group."

Well, October 5 came and gone without test drives. Actually, I manage to test drive last week with a "corporate" e-tron car. And we're still in December so... fingers crossed.
-Ben