Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USA Leasing Deals - 2 year, 3 year, residual values...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:43 pm 

Anybody have any idea what these deals will look like?

Post subject: Re: USA Leasing Deals - 2 year, 3 year, residual values...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:58 am 

The Audi dealership I spoke with a few weeks ago was absolutely no help - they had no information about lease options yet :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:01 am 

I just tried searching the Audi USA site, and the only page that came up with 'e-tron lease' was the e-Tron contact page that said 'Please fill out...' so - no help!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:44 pm 

Second week in November and still no lease info!! I ordered my etron mid-August. Currently, lots of good deals on CMax, Volt and gas cars. I will likely loose my buyer for my current car. I'm ready to ask for my deposit back. Also early electric range reports (16 -17) and "hybrid" mpg (36!) are about 25% less than the battery size and weight would predict. Perhaps a poor design! Getting cold feet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:29 pm 

My local dealers were absolutely no help either. There are no inventory or lease plans to speak of. There SHOULD be a $4,000 tax credit due to the battery size, which based on the residual of an education guess of 18k, the monthly rates should be near or under $400/month. I really don't want to spend anymore than that on just a entry level A3 audi. I mean everyone knows its basically just a Golf GTE with an Audi badge... The 16 mile electric range really stinks, and the mpg while not in electric mode is below class too. If Audi keeps dragging their feet, I may just go with the new generation Chevy Volt or Plug-In Prius. Not luxury brands, but at least they have lease plans and cars on the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:32 am 

Octavius, I agree. My dealer's finance guy guessed mid $500's for a 36 month 15,000 mile lease on a $46,100 list. He did not consider the ev tax credit. I told him that $460 is pretty much my Max! If Audi is serious even $399 for the base 10,000 mile lease is asking a lot. I will be patient!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:10 am 

Well for the 'Prestige Plus' model priced at 46k, your going to be paying over $500/month. I'm looking at the base model, with maybe an option or two, as it's already well equipped. The Premium base model starts at 37k. I wouldn't pay 46k for just an A3 with extra options, in that case, I would just get into a more prestigious model. I'm actually starting to re-consider my decision as the new generation Volt, and Ford Fusion Energi, far outclass the technology range of the E-tron and they're lease specials are going for just $250/month.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:02 am 

I agree. Take a look at the CMax Energi. I have had one for 3 years and am impressed with its handling,comfort and utility. It sits very well. I would buy another, but the 2016 is essentially unchanged. The lack of a height and lumbar adjustable passenger seat is also a problem for me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:44 pm 

Does anyone know if Audi will factor in the $4000 federal tax credit in their lease rates? In their press release it said that only buyers are eligible for the federal tax credit and not leases. However some car companies factor it in their lease rates. Does VW factor it in their e-Golf leases?
-Ben

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:58 am 

They Do because the owner is VW Credit and they take in the tax credit. This is the only way to make their slower sellers, such as the e-Golf, affordable. Being close to 40k, the only way to make the A3 e-tron lease friendly is buy adding this, and perhaps, another dealer incentive, to keep it below $400 a month. There going to have to anyway because they can no longer sell there TDIs legally, until there is a fix, and even if there is, people are going to shy away from them.