Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: USA e-Tron Orders, delivery dates
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:32 am 

pkulak wrote:
Interesting. My order form has a Dec. 28th delivery date here in Oregon. It would be nice if we didn't have to wait for California certifications that we can't use.

For what it's worth, my dealer said they were held at port for modifications. I'll give it through first week of January, but then I may try to get my deposit back and move on.

Your dealer is wrong. What mods could possibly be done at port, except to drive all cars back onto ship & return to Germany. What I'd like to do is leave my A3 TDI at port & drive off with an e-tron.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:40 am 

Well, for one, it is possible that the firmware could be updated. This could alter the emissions output of all e-trons prior to delivery to dealership :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:12 pm 

Jerry, Just what I was thinking! Audi could not have missed the great disappointment with Etron's poor EV range and gas mileage. Many anticipated 23 or so EV miles and low 40's highway ratings (based on the 8.8 battery and lower weight than volt, Cmax etc.) May be they are tweaking software. And... the EPA no longer accepts manufactures' representations so easily! The Etron is still a great car, but we can only guess on lease terms, delivery and the tax credit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:49 pm 

And here in CA, HOV green stickers are almost out. Out of 85,000 fixed allotment, there now only about 2,000 stickers left. If the e-trons are eligible for HOV stickers (which we are not sure yet), nothing will be left!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 pm 

I still think firmware should be done in a shop, but what do I know. It would be great if they can boost battery charge up to 31 as originally expected.
I'm actually trying to get AudiUSA to buyback my TDI in exchange for an e-tron. If things fall through, it'll be a Volt or CT200h

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:49 am 

The firmware update may be economy/emissions related or it could be related to some of the recently reported "mechatronic" failures. I left mine in for a firmware update back in February/March which was A/C related but I will probably have another when I leave it in for an annual service next month as there have been many updates since the initial market release in UK.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:45 am 

It looks like the EPA posted the Certificate of Conformity for the E-tron this week. It is dated October 21st but wasn't on the EPA site until the other day. No approvals from CARB or the IRS yet.

http://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_f ... 155&flag=1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:29 pm 

estrong wrote:
It looks like the EPA posted the Certificate of Conformity for the E-tron this week. It is dated October 21st but wasn't on the EPA site until the other day. No approvals from CARB or the IRS yet.

http://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_f ... 155&flag=1

That's the OLD EPA certification. The e-tron is getting re-certified by the EPA as well as certified by CARB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:05 am 

Ok. Im still waiting for the E-tron and looks like this is going to be long long wait ...

last week my dealer ( Audi fort Myers ) call and offer free( no charge )loner car (A3) to drive til my E-tron arrives.

with this offer i think etron going to be long wait :cry: other hand im very happy :D with my Dealer http://www.audifortmyers.com/ .

Post subject: NO MORE GREEN HOV STICKERS FOR PHEV CARS LIKE THE E-TRON
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:39 pm 

Well, the Audi e-tron has totally miss the boat on this. California Air Resources Board announced today that the maximum amount of 85,000 green stickers for HOV has been reached. And since AUDI has bungled delivery of their PHEV, none of the e-trons will have the green stickers. Way to go AUDI! I'm cancelling my order and getting my deposit back and will check out a pure BEV car to get the white HOV sticker and more IRS federal/CA incentives.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm