USA e-Tron Orders, delivery dates

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

Anybody in the USA pre-ordered one yet?

Did your dealership give you a delivery date?

Ordered when pricing was announced in the US in August. Ordered a Premium Plus model in Scuba Blue with gray interior. No other options other than Apple Lightning Cable and a front license holder delete option. Finally got something a little concrete from the dealer:

"Apparently there are 24 A3 e-trons in the ground in San Diego - enough for each dealer to have one on the floor and available for test drives starting October 5. Then there are 274 A3 e-trons scheduled for delivery in December. I believe your car is in that group."

-Ben

bruintoo":3q8mxk5m said:
Ordered when pricing was announced in the US in August. Ordered a Premium Plus model in Scuba Blue with gray interior. No other options other than Apple Lightning Cable and a front license holder delete option. Finally got something a little concrete from the dealer:

"Apparently there are 24 A3 e-trons in the ground in San Diego - enough for each dealer to have one on the floor and available for test drives starting October 5. Then there are 274 A3 e-trons scheduled for delivery in December. I believe your car is in that group."

-Ben

Wow, 274 coming in December - that seems like a decent number. Please keep us posted on your delivery schedule! We should start a thread for order/delivery details...

I got my VIN number :D form the dealer. Red / Black Audi A3 E-tron prestige with sport package . but no word on delivery date . they saying maybe next week ( fingers Cross ) ;)

himala76":2ch48ysk said:
I got my VIN number :D form the dealer. Red / Black Audi A3 E-tron prestige with sport package . but no word on delivery date . they saying maybe next week ( fingers Cross ) ;)
I've had my VIN number for almost about a month now. You can actually see them when you go online at dealer's inventory page.

Really dumb question but how do you find a dealer from whom to order? The dealer I contacted had no clue. I am in the San Francisco bay area - anybody know who to contact around here? Thanks

anybody know why those e-tron's are hold in port over month now and audiusa now saying they don't know when those cares are going to release . dealer has now idea too.

is it something wrong with those cars?

im kind of read to take my deposit back and go with lexus nx300h

himala76":3sbui924 said:
anybody know why those e-tron's are hold in port over month now and audiusa now saying they don't know when those cares are going to release . dealer has now idea too.

is it something wrong with those cars?

im kind of read to take my deposit back and go with lexus nx300h
My Audi sales rep said that they are waiting for IRS approval for federal and state tax incentives for the the A3. Once that's taken care of, they are ready to go. However, I still don't see Volkswagen of America's certification application/approval from California Air Resources Board website. Until, that happens these cars can't be released.

Interesting. My order form has a Dec. 28th delivery date here in Oregon. It would be nice if we didn't have to wait for California certifications that we can't use.

For what it's worth, my dealer said they were held at port for modifications. I'll give it through first week of January, but then I may try to get my deposit back and move on.

pkulak":1hxmh8is said:
Interesting. My order form has a Dec. 28th delivery date here in Oregon. It would be nice if we didn't have to wait for California certifications that we can't use.

For what it's worth, my dealer said they were held at port for modifications. I'll give it through first week of January, but then I may try to get my deposit back and move on.

Your dealer is wrong. What mods could possibly be done at port, except to drive all cars back onto ship & return to Germany. What I'd like to do is leave my A3 TDI at port & drive off with an e-tron.

Well, for one, it is possible that the firmware could be updated. This could alter the emissions output of all e-trons prior to delivery to dealership :roll:

Jerry, Just what I was thinking! Audi could not have missed the great disappointment with Etron's poor EV range and gas mileage. Many anticipated 23 or so EV miles and low 40's highway ratings (based on the 8.8 battery and lower weight than volt, Cmax etc.) May be they are tweaking software. And... the EPA no longer accepts manufactures' representations so easily! The Etron is still a great car, but we can only guess on lease terms, delivery and the tax credit.

And here in CA, HOV green stickers are almost out. Out of 85,000 fixed allotment, there now only about 2,000 stickers left. If the e-trons are eligible for HOV stickers (which we are not sure yet), nothing will be left!

I still think firmware should be done in a shop, but what do I know. It would be great if they can boost battery charge up to 31 as originally expected.
I'm actually trying to get AudiUSA to buyback my TDI in exchange for an e-tron. If things fall through, it'll be a Volt or CT200h

The firmware update may be economy/emissions related or it could be related to some of the recently reported "mechatronic" failures. I left mine in for a firmware update back in February/March which was A/C related but I will probably have another when I leave it in for an annual service next month as there have been many updates since the initial market release in UK.

Ok. Im still waiting for the E-tron and looks like this is going to be long long wait ...

last week my dealer ( Audi fort Myers ) call and offer free( no charge )loner car (A3) to drive til my E-tron arrives.

with this offer i think etron going to be long wait :cry: other hand im very happy :D with my Dealer http://www.audifortmyers.com/ .

Well, the Audi e-tron has totally miss the boat on this. California Air Resources Board announced today that the maximum amount of 85,000 green stickers for HOV has been reached. And since AUDI has bungled delivery of their PHEV, none of the e-trons will have the green stickers. Way to go AUDI! I'm cancelling my order and getting my deposit back and will check out a pure BEV car to get the white HOV sticker and more IRS federal/CA incentives.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

Back