Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USA e-Tron Orders, delivery dates
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:40 am 

Anybody in the USA pre-ordered one yet?

Did your dealership give you a delivery date?

Post subject: Re: USA e-Tron Orders, delivery dates
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:46 pm 

Ordered when pricing was announced in the US in August. Ordered a Premium Plus model in Scuba Blue with gray interior. No other options other than Apple Lightning Cable and a front license holder delete option. Finally got something a little concrete from the dealer:

"Apparently there are 24 A3 e-trons in the ground in San Diego - enough for each dealer to have one on the floor and available for test drives starting October 5. Then there are 274 A3 e-trons scheduled for delivery in December. I believe your car is in that group."

-Ben

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:14 am 

bruintoo wrote:
Ordered when pricing was announced in the US in August. Ordered a Premium Plus model in Scuba Blue with gray interior. No other options other than Apple Lightning Cable and a front license holder delete option. Finally got something a little concrete from the dealer:

"Apparently there are 24 A3 e-trons in the ground in San Diego - enough for each dealer to have one on the floor and available for test drives starting October 5. Then there are 274 A3 e-trons scheduled for delivery in December. I believe your car is in that group."

-Ben

Wow, 274 coming in December - that seems like a decent number. Please keep us posted on your delivery schedule! We should start a thread for order/delivery details...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:15 am 

I got my VIN number :D form the dealer. Red / Black Audi A3 E-tron prestige with sport package . but no word on delivery date . they saying maybe next week ( fingers Cross ) ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:54 am 

himala76 wrote:
I got my VIN number :D form the dealer. Red / Black Audi A3 E-tron prestige with sport package . but no word on delivery date . they saying maybe next week ( fingers Cross ) ;)

I've had my VIN number for almost about a month now. You can actually see them when you go online at dealer's inventory page.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:23 pm 

Really dumb question but how do you find a dealer from whom to order? The dealer I contacted had no clue. I am in the San Francisco bay area - anybody know who to contact around here? Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 am 

mhs wrote:
Really dumb question but how do you find a dealer from whom to order? The dealer I contacted had no clue. I am in the San Francisco bay area - anybody know who to contact around here? Thanks

Try http://www.audisanfrancisco.com/new-inv ... e-tron&&&&

They showing 21 e-tron in the inventory .. so they should know.

good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:47 am 

anybody know why those e-tron's are hold in port over month now and audiusa now saying they don't know when those cares are going to release . dealer has now idea too.

is it something wrong with those cars?

im kind of read to take my deposit back and go with lexus nx300h

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:02 pm 

himala76 wrote:
anybody know why those e-tron's are hold in port over month now and audiusa now saying they don't know when those cares are going to release . dealer has now idea too.

is it something wrong with those cars?

im kind of read to take my deposit back and go with lexus nx300h
My Audi sales rep said that they are waiting for IRS approval for federal and state tax incentives for the the A3. Once that's taken care of, they are ready to go. However, I still don't see Volkswagen of America's certification application/approval from California Air Resources Board website. Until, that happens these cars can't be released.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:42 am 

Interesting. My order form has a Dec. 28th delivery date here in Oregon. It would be nice if we didn't have to wait for California certifications that we can't use.

For what it's worth, my dealer said they were held at port for modifications. I'll give it through first week of January, but then I may try to get my deposit back and move on.