Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 6 weeks - 1800 miles - Love my Etron
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:30 am 

I'm right at 2000 miles/just under 6 weeks but I bought my eTron hundreds of miles from home. Since I'm in the Deep(est) South, I wonder about the drain on the battery constant a/c will cause. We had a brief cold snap but I never set the seat heater higher than the lowest setting. I'll try out pre-conditioning of course.

It's a wonderful car: attractive, fun to drive and amazingly peppy for a 1.4 liter engine. Occasionally, I hear about how bad re-sale value is on electric cars and conversely how cheap used ones are. I hope that PHEVs are different.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:28 pm 

OwDeEtron wrote:
I'm right at 2000 miles/just under 6 weeks but I bought my eTron hundreds of miles from home. Since I'm in the Deep(est) South, I wonder about the drain on the battery constant a/c will cause. We had a brief cold snap but I never set the seat heater higher than the lowest setting. I'll try out pre-conditioning of course.

It's a wonderful car: attractive, fun to drive and amazingly peppy for a 1.4 liter engine. Occasionally, I hear about how bad re-sale value is on electric cars and conversely how cheap used ones are. I hope that PHEVs are different.

In Houston (like Nawlins), AC isn't optional. I get the EPA 16 miles on battery (sometimes a little better, occasionally worse). When we had our week of winter (temps in the 40's), my range dropped ~10% or so. It was noticeable, but still serviceable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:23 pm 

Resale value figures are skewed to the low side, as most seem to calculate based on MSRP as the start point. But that isn't a valid figure, as that doesn't account for tax credits or rebates that only go to the first buyer. The correct initial figure should be the net purchase price after tax incentives are deducted. That makes the resale values a bit less drastic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 pm 

Howdy Clay. Loving my e-tron from circle Audi :D

Still serious. swap 17's for your 18's... $800?