Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: e-Tron review after 1 month of ownership
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:37 am 

Check this extensive test. It looks like the e-trons on board computer calc of MPG is fairly accurate.
http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index ... ads/53050/

FredT wrote:
5x112 wrote:
I have an ultra, but replaced the wheels and tires with 18" pirellis. The gas milage has not changed noticeably, but the handling is much improved.
Do you have some good efficiency estimates? I really would like to know what the car does when it operates as a pure hybrid.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:37 am 

Dominic, you must be confusing drive modes with the hybrid modes. There is NO way to change the hybrid mode defaults in the MMI.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:53 pm 

Dominic, I think you are confusing the Drive modes with Hybrid modes. There is no control in the MMI for Hybrid modes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:14 pm 

Regarding the efficiency estimates.. lots of people have different opinions. I get 16-20 miles pure electric. If my battery is charged, and I use hybrid under 80 miles an hour in mixed traffic, I get about 50. If on flat highways only, about 40. If I go over 80, I get about 36 mpg (about the same as hybrid hold). If I use Charge mode it goes to 1/2 that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 pm 

5x112 wrote:
Regarding the efficiency estimates.. lots of people have different opinions. I get 16-20 miles pure electric. If my battery is charged, and I use hybrid under 80 miles an hour in mixed traffic, I get about 50. If on flat highways only, about 40. If I go over 80, I get about 36 mpg (about the same as hybrid hold). If I use Charge mode it goes to 1/2 that.

I don't get quite as good on the highway, but it still beats the best I got from my Sportwagen that it replaced. Driving back and forth home for Thanksgiving (~1500 miles total), I got pretty much 35 mpg for each highway tank. That was driving 75-80, and sometimes included one full charge before getting to the destination. If I was driving all highway, and I did one charge, or didn't do a charge, it didn't seem to make an appreciable difference in that 35 mpg figure.

Driving around home, where I can commute mainly on battery, I get 70-140 mpg to the tank. However, I've noticed as it's cooled down here (into the 50's/upper 40's) the range has dropped 3-5 miles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 am 

I finally experienced a situation where the temperature outside was so cold, the car was forced to start the ICE. Seems to be about 15 degrees Fahrenheit.