Audi A3 e-Tron plug-in hybrid gets 5-star rating Euro safety

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

The Euro NCAP has completed its testing on the Audi A3 e-Tron Sportback, and posted their results.

Overall, the e-Tron plug-in hybrid scored 5-stars, higher than the 4-stars given to the Kia Soul EV and the BMW i3.

Here are the test results: http://www.euroncap.com/results/audi/a3_etron/587.aspx

a31-750x131.jpg

a3-2.jpg

a3-3.jpg

a3-4-533x800.jpg

It's great to hear the A3 e-tron has achieved top safety ratings, but do people really change their mind on a vehicle they want to buy if it only gets 4 stars (like the Soul EV)? What are the thoughts of people on this e-Tron forum?

Looks very good indeed, and better, as you point out, than the BMW i3.

Car safety has come a long way in the last decade. If you want some shocking videos, check out the late 90's or early 00's videos from Euro NCAP.

Jerry

jerry3561":1r0inwqm said:
Looks very good indeed, and better, as you point out, than the BMW i3.

Car safety has come a long way in the last decade. If you want some shocking videos, check out the late 90's or early 00's videos from Euro NCAP.

Jerry

Depends how you look at it. BMW has a better safety score for Adult adn Child occupants, but scores particularly poor for pedestrians. So as a driver, the i3 is a safer place.

Back