No US etron for 2019

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arne

Car and Driver (Sept 2018 issue) reports that the A3 etron is discontinued in the US for 2019.

Ugh, makes me sad. I had hoped we’d know more about the future of VW/Audi group EV future by now. I guess we get to enjoy our e-tron “classics” for the time being.

Looking forward to:

Audi Quattro e-tron

Audi A6 Mild Hybrid

VW I.D cars... (any info on an Audi equivalent?)

A Carscoops September 2, 2018 article titled "2019 Audi A3: Styling, Tech, Engines And Everything Else We Know" by Josh Byrnes (https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/2019- ... else-know/) states that after initially offering gas and diesel powered engines, an A3 "etron hybrid variant will be released at a later date." Hopefully, the etron version will eventually become available in the US.

Arne, your post is correct. I’ve just received one of the last etrons to be delivered to Canada and my Audi sales person confirmed that there will be no 2019s imported to North America.

arne":1etrxgnz said:
Car and Driver (Sept 2018 issue) reports that the A3 etron is discontinued in the US for 2019.

I just had mine into the local Audi dealer for the 20k mile service and they confirmed that there will be no more A3 etron's in the US.
But they claimed that starting with the Etron SUV they will add one or two Hybrids, PHEV or EVs every year from here on out ...

I am in Florida and just purchased a 2018 A3 e-tron PremiumPlus trim, from California. I have to pay about $1,000 in shipping.

As of Dec 14, 2018, a dealer's research for me showed that there are only about 100 A3 e-trons left in the entire US, mostly in Calif.

Also, the $4,500 tax credit in the US ends 12/31/18. Who thought that one up?

Back