Audi Connect on Canadian E-Tron

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jc12345

I saw something today when I started my car that I think confirms that we have the connect software installed in Canada. I had just returned from the US (put on 2500 nearly trouble free KMs) and after stopping for a coffee, the system did not initialize correctly as I had no map in the VC, no phone etc. I started to scroll through the MMI in the console and there was the Audi Connect asking me to register my APN, user id and password. After I restarted my car, the option was gone and everything was working again as normal.

As for the "trouble" kms....the gas cover would not open this morning even though the console said it was ready to be filled. I had to start the car, roll forward and backwards, then pull the switch again and it worked.

Another tip for anyone driving south....avoid the PA interstates if you can. The PA roads are riddled with potholes, some of which are large enough to cause serious damage. There was a huge pothole just north of Pittsburgh this morning which took out a BMW and Mercedes a few minutes before I hit it hard (both had flats). Fortunately, there was no serious damage to my car that I could see, just some tire scratches, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. All roads in NY, WV, VA and NC seemed to be in good shape though.

Im curious about any indication of Audi connect being on the Canadian e-trons as well. Does your car have a sim card slot? I have an e-tron coming at the beginning of Febuary and it would be nice if the firmware could be upgraded to work with audi connect once available to the
e-trons.

Well perhaps there is hope! I've heard whispers that even with the technology already being in the car it still won't support to the Canadian wireless frequencies, but who knows.

I'm wondering if us Canadians get a US sim with roaming in Canada - like t-mobile - it will activate the features? There is indeed a slot, so maybe a US dealer could activate it?

SIM slot is in glove box by the SD card slots.
However from what I have read there are two mobile network connections in the car. One on-board dedicated to Audi connect, and the second one which feeds your WiFi Hotspot data and uses the user serviceable Sim card.

Making an educated guess on what was experienced by Jc12345, the Audi connect Sim card isn't configured to connect to any Canadian networks at this time, but can connect to US networks. I put a card in the accessible one but got nothing. Until Audi allows us access, which I think will be in the not too distant future, there won't be any mobile service while in Canada on the A3.

Ian

Back