Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2017 A3 Audi Connect in Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:10 pm 

After watching some videos online I downloaded the app here in Canada, and it does say in the description explicitly about Climate Control and Charging times.

But when I popped back in to the dealership to drop off my insurance info before pickup on Friday, my Salesman definitely said that it wasn't available on e-tron in Canada.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:11 am 

I've been following this thread, someone got Google Earth going on the MMI via SIM in the glovebox. Apparently the cell antenna is not connected on our cars. No mention of mobile app though, that may be a dead end due to the CDN app being hobbled.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a ... 3-2919959/

Ian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm 

I asked AudiTalk specifically about remote cooling/heating via the app and this is what they said, without correcting me that the app actually does nothing for climate. You have to "Schedule" your climate control. I'm actually apprehensive about taking delivery of this thing if it's crippled, especially considering that auto manufacturers have a habit of leaving previous model years behind when tech related improvements come out - even if the hardware is identical!

Thank you for contacting Audi Talk.

At this time we do not have any launch information on Audi Connect for the A3 family. The A3 Sportback e-tron is currently available with Charge Delay via the Navigation Package (PNO) on Progressiv (standard on Technik). With this package you can activate auxiliary air conditioning with the charging timer while charging.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:40 pm 

Yeah, sadly i don't think 2017 (possibly even 2018's) will get Connect in Canada for remote app control of stuff like preconditioning. However I am still pursuing connectivity to the Internet via mobile cell service on the car. Just ordered this antenna on Ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LTE-antenna-196-85in-5m-4G-TRUCK-car-vehicle-Glass-automobile-Windshield-Fakra-D/263022485528?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.
Along with some ODB11 mods it looks fairly straight forward to get mobile service up -and free... To be honest with Waze there's not much use for google Earth on the car, but it looks neat and isn't too expensive a mod.
I'll update how it goes when my antenna finally arrives from China..

Ian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:13 am 

Why would Audi Canada prevent it's customer from using components and features that were paid for?!?!

The full features of Audi connect are clearly accessible by US and other countries.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:24 am 

I read in the Audiworld thread that the VIN of Canadian vehicles are not in the Audi database for Connect. So even if you shoehorn in the connectivity like I plan to, you wont be provided the access in the mobile app. I cant speak for the 2018 though, it would be disappointing if it does not, considering A4 and Q7 got it in 2017.. But Audi hasn't even updated this page in a while. http://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/customer-area/audi-connect/faq.html

Ian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:09 pm 

Thanks for flagging this Iang. I look forward to seeing how it goes. Do you expect it to work be leaving the antenna in the glove box?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:52 pm 

Audi Connect is still not available on the 2018 A3 e-tron model in Canada. It's not available for the 2018 RS3 either, which is even more ridiculous considering it costs much more.