Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: California drivers: DMV rejected solo carpool stickers a
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:05 am 

I sent my application for the green sticker the day after I got the e-tron. I was unaware the dealer had also applied for sticker when they did the registration (Audi of Beverly Hills). My application was rejected by the DMV, but the dealership's application was accepted. I picked my plates and stickers at the dealership.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:08 am 

smiles33 wrote:
I still do not have my stickers. To recap:

- purchased right before Halloween (10/27/16 or so)
- received license plates right before Thanksgiving and immediately mailed in my application (11/22/16 or so)
- first rejection received 12/13/16, called CARB to confirm it's still on the approved card list and immediately put the appeal back in the mail on 12/14/16
- second rejection received 1/11/17, called DMV and per the agent's advice, printed out the CARB website, highlighted the Audi A3 e-tron, and mailed it back the next day
- still no word and it's now 2/8/17

It takes 3-4 weeks to get rejections, per my past 2 rejections. Since we're almost at 4 weeks, I am really hoping my stickers are coming. I've been checking my on-line bank account and the check (dated from November!) still hasn't been cashed.

jumper: I have solar PV panels on the roof so we're already on a special PG&E rate plan. I haven't compared the rates head-to-head, but it maximizes the return on the "peak" hour solar generation. Thus, I never charge my car during peak hours.

I mailed my application 12/25 and got my rejection yesterday, 2/8 (stamped 1/31). So, they may be a bit backed up from the holidays. I may wait a week before resubmitting and see if anything shakes loose with yours in the meantime. Thanks! Can't believe it is this hard! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:09 am 

Papo wrote:
I sent my application for the green sticker the day after I got the e-tron. I was unaware the dealer had also applied for sticker when they did the registration (Audi of Beverly Hills). My application was rejected by the DMV, but the dealership's application was accepted. I picked my plates and stickers at the dealership.

Nice, Audi of San Diego said 'they didn't do that' when I specifically asked if they could get the stickers for me (knowing already that it was technically possibly).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 am 

Papo wrote:

I thought it was a requirement that you had to have your CA license plates before you could even request the stickers! Was your application rejected because you didn't have the plates yet or did they check off "Not on the approved CARB list" instead?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 pm 

"I thought it was a requirement that you had to have your CA license plates before you could even request the stickers! Was your application rejected because you didn't have the plates yet or did they check off "Not on the approved CARB list" instead?"[/quote]

Smile33. I called they DMV before sending my application. They said I did not need my plates and should write "not yet issued" in the field asking for the number and provide the temp registration. That said, the dealer was able to get the plate and stickers simultaneously.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:00 pm 

smiles33 wrote:
Papo wrote:

I thought it was a requirement that you had to have your CA license plates before you could even request the stickers! Was your application rejected because you didn't have the plates yet or did they check off "Not on the approved CARB list" instead?

OK I know I saw somewhere there was a seperate process for dealerships to get the stickers for unsold cars. I can't find it now, but I don't think I imagined it.

I did wait for plates, was just calling my dealership lazy, perhaps wrongly since I can't find the procedure now. Definitely in the not on the approved CARB list.

Note: maybe procedure was removed, as there is still left over text at the very beginning of the FAQ on DMV page "Frequently Asked Questions
Note: The following does not apply to CAV decals purchased in advance by new vehicle dealers."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:35 am 

Just checking in to report still no stickers (or 3rd rejection letter) yet...Fingers crossed the stickers are en route. I keep checking my bank to see if the check has been cashed. Does anyone know whether they would send the stickers before the check was cashed?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:24 am 

thanks for checking in. my 2nd attempt still sitting on my desk waiting to see how yours goes. I was thinking, not only to include the website but also include a photo of back of car with the E-Tron logo + my license plate? Just thinking maybe they thought the car wasn't on there, not because 2017 Etron isn't on the list, but for some reason don't consider my car a 2017 Etron.. who knows what's in their database. and maybe a photo would push them over the edge? Though, I got the clean air rebate with no issues.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:02 pm 

I don't think a photo of the license plate or back of the car would help. They likely go by the VIN. I double-checked to make sure I hadn't mistyped the VIN and I even went back out to the car to make sure it was correct on my pink slip (since that's what I relied on the first time).

When I called the DMV's Special Processing Unit directly, the man who answered said to just print out the website and highlight the Audi Etron. It may be that the staff are moving so quickly that they don't check the CARB list and don't automatically recognize the Audi as an eligible car (compared to the Tesla or Nissan Leaf).

You might want to just send your application in, especially if it's taking a month to process anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:47 pm 

smiles33 wrote:
Just checking in to report still no stickers (or 3rd rejection letter) yet...Fingers crossed the stickers are en route. I keep checking my bank to see if the check has been cashed. Does anyone know whether they would send the stickers before the check was cashed?

No. Checks cashed first.
-Ben

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next