Audi A3 E-tron Forum

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: California drivers: DMV rejected solo carpool stickers a
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:05 pm 

And I just got a letter today rejecting my application. Reason given was that it wasn't in the CARB eligible vehicle list. This is really annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:27 am 

smiles33 wrote:
Just updating the thread to share that I STILL don't have my green decals, 3 months after purchase....

I got stickers for my 2016 promptly after submitting the application in October. Green HOV stickers are good until January 2019 unless the state deems otherwise, most likely due to HOV lane congestion. (HOV lanes are supposed to run at least at 45 MPH so there is some potential risk there).

I have no idea how a car could be delivered with HOV stickers but without license plates. The sticker application requires plate numbers be provided. Maybe some dealers have a way to get plate numbers early from the DMV?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:44 am 

jumper wrote:
I have no idea how a car could be delivered with HOV stickers but without license plates. The sticker application requires plate numbers be provided. Maybe some dealers have a way to get plate numbers early from the DMV?

I've just assumed that people ordered the HOV stickers but haven't put the license plates on. I know a lot of people who drive around on the dealer paper plates for years. My neighbor is about finished with his 3 yr lease and he has not put his license plates on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:15 pm 

I am sorry to hear you are in the same boat, Egress. Per the DMV employee I talked to on the phone, print out the CARB website, highlight the 2017 Audi A3 etron, and write in the statement of facts field that you are requesting the green stickers for your eligible car.

jumper wrote:
smiles33 wrote:
Just updating the thread to share that I STILL don't have my green decals, 3 months after purchase....

I got stickers for my 2016 promptly after submitting the application in October. Green HOV stickers are good until January 2019 unless the state deems otherwise, most likely due to HOV lane congestion. (HOV lanes are supposed to run at least at 45 MPH so there is some potential risk there).

My boss got her stickers but for her 2016 Audi A3 etron. I don't know of any 2017 CA owners with the decals yet and have been trying to figure out it ANYONE has had luck. I'm so annoyed!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:20 pm 

Maybe this will help...

I applied for the PG&E $500 EV incentive https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_cleanfuelrebate-ev and it was rejected. Turns out I had selected the "Audi A3 Sportback Etron" instead of the "A3 Etron." Although Sportback is on their EV vehicle list, maybe the VIN didn't match up. Anyway, it may matter what you call the car on the HOV sticker application.

FWIW, on my HOV Decal Application I entered:
"A3 E-tron" as the "Model."
"Original Decals" under the "I am Requesting" category
"TZEV" under the "Exhaust Standard > Green Decals" category, and,
"Plug In Hybrid" under "Motive Power > Green Decals."

That, the license plate number, Driver's license numbers, and the VIN got it done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:48 pm 

I have a 2016 and I've been waiting for about 2 months now. The check hasn't been cleared. I'm thinking of just sending in another application just in case it was lost.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:27 pm 

jumper wrote:
Maybe this will help...

I applied for the PG&E $500 EV incentive https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page?WT.mc_id=Vanity_cleanfuelrebate-ev and it was rejected. Turns out I had selected the "Audi A3 Sportback Etron" instead of the "A3 Etron." Although Sportback is on their EV vehicle list, maybe the VIN didn't match up. Anyway, it may matter what you call the car on the HOV sticker application.

That, the license plate number, Driver's license numbers, and the VIN got it done.

First, thank you so much for mentioning this PGE rebate--I had not heard of it and just applied! I did apply and get the CA Clean Air Rebate. Man, my Audi sales rep didn't mention either program!

I checked and I filled out my CA DMV decal application exactly as you wrote except I wrote Audi A3 e-tron (instead of with capital E-tron). I am really hoping that isn't the reason why two employees rejected my application. Sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:42 pm 

smiles33 wrote:
jumper wrote:
Maybe this will help...

First, thank you so much for mentioning this PGE rebate--I had not heard of it and just applied! I did apply and get the CA Clean Air Rebate. Man, my Audi sales rep didn't mention either program!

I checked and I filled out my CA DMV decal application exactly as you wrote except I wrote Audi A3 e-tron (instead of with capital E-tron). I am really hoping that isn't the reason why two employees rejected my application. Sigh.

Smiles33, since you're a PG&E customer, look into the EV-B rate http://www.pge.com/tariffs/tm2/pdf/ELEC_SCHEDS_EV.pdf. It's about $0.12 per kWh off-peak (focus on the "B" rate alternative). You'll need to install a second meter panel with dedicated EV outlets. It cost me about $1,000 in parts, permits, and a meter fee. (I put in three outlets for future proofing, though). You may need an electrician's cost and expertise beyond that if you're not happy making utility-side power connections and pulling your own permits with your local "Authority Having Jurisdiction," (AHJ)....

If you're interested, PM me and we can discuss further.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:52 pm 

I am going through this too. Got my DMV flush letter citing it's not on the list today. Bought car in November here in San Diego. Just sent a note to the dealership wondering if they put in the wrong vehicle info on my registration. Then I found this thread. I already got approved for my Clean Air rebate.. but I want the stickers more.

So, smiles33 how long has it been since you sent the note with website attached? Sort of wondering if I should do it as well or wait and see if your check gets cashed?

Also, I spelled it AUDI E-TRON fwiw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 am 

I still do not have my stickers. To recap:

- purchased right before Halloween (10/27/16 or so)
- received license plates right before Thanksgiving and immediately mailed in my application (11/22/16 or so)
- first rejection received 12/13/16, called CARB to confirm it's still on the approved card list and immediately put the appeal back in the mail on 12/14/16
- second rejection received 1/11/17, called DMV and per the agent's advice, printed out the CARB website, highlighted the Audi A3 e-tron, and mailed it back the next day
- still no word and it's now 2/8/17

It takes 3-4 weeks to get rejections, per my past 2 rejections. Since we're almost at 4 weeks, I am really hoping my stickers are coming. I've been checking my on-line bank account and the check (dated from November!) still hasn't been cashed.

jumper: I have solar PV panels on the roof so we're already on a special PG&E rate plan. I haven't compared the rates head-to-head, but it maximizes the return on the "peak" hour solar generation. Thus, I never charge my car during peak hours.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next