USA - Washington and Oregon

Audi A3 E-tron Forum

Help Support Audi A3 E-tron Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franklaw

Just thought I'd start a thread for E-Tron owners in the Pacific Northwest of the USA. We have had our A3 since February 11th. So far, here are our stats.

Elapsed Time: 925 minutes
Elapsed Distance: 195 miles
Average Consumption: 2.9 miles per kwH
Range at Full Charge: 20 miles (down from 24 on Feb 11, 2016)

What are others in the area seeing?

Portland, Oregon owner since end of January (Premium, 17 in wheels).

The temperatures have had a huge impact on range.
My commute is 13 miles one way, 10 of which on I5.
- At ~40F, I get nearly exactly 13 miles.
- At ~60F, I'm seeing more like 20 miles.

I've taken one long trip with it, 160 miles total, and averaged about 40 mpg at ~45 F.

Still get a kick out of perks like front door parking at the airport and OMSI.

sugarsmax":35zgceh1 said:
Portland, Oregon owner since end of January (Premium, 17 in wheels).

The temperatures have had a huge impact on range.
My commute is 13 miles one way, 10 of which on I5.
- At ~40F, I get nearly exactly 13 miles.
- At ~60F, I'm seeing more like 20 miles.

I've taken one long trip with it, 160 miles total, and averaged about 40 mpg at ~45 F.

Still get a kick out of perks like front door parking at the airport and OMSI.

What setting on climate control? Heating the cabin will take a huge chunk of range away. Best to heat the cabin while plugged in, turn off heat and use seat heater as needed while driving.

dr61":1qdd9ofa said:
What setting on climate control? Heating the cabin will take a huge chunk of range away. Best to heat the cabin while plugged in, turn off heat and use seat heater as needed while driving.

Agreed, interior air and seat warmer have a huge impact.
If it's cold, I'll turn on the seat (level 1) for no more than 5 minutes, and set temp to 68F, Auto.
If it's hot, I'll set heat to 72F.

If it's nice out, with A/C off, I easily see the gains in range.

As it's a Premium, I don't have the pre-conditioning, though I wonder if I can get it started manually without leaving the keys in the car in the morning...

sugarsmax":1g4sjzzc said:
As it's a Premium, I don't have the pre-conditioning, though I wonder if I can get it started manually without leaving the keys in the car in the morning...

@sugarsmax - Premium E-trons work with pre-conditioning too, it just isn't through Audi Connect (which Premiums don't have unless you add the option). You should be able to download the app and once customer service sets things up, you'll be able to use the app to turn pre-conditioning on and off. It might take a day or two after you talk to them before things actually work.

Hi, folks. Mine will be in Eugene, once it gets to the dealer in Bend and is prepped. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=232

As I am retired now and most errands during the week here are 15 miles or less, I hope to be able to do most in town driving in EV mode. We'll see....

Hey, I live in Washington. Puyallup area. Bought my 2016 in September. Wish I would have gotten the fully loaded as I really want the Audi connect. :cry:

Hi all, if you live in WA state, there is a chance that they are collecting a $75 hybrid car tax from you in error because the A3 is not capable of going 30 miles on battery according to the EPA. I have written to them to ask for a refund. The DOL rep that I spoke to was not aware of the fine print.

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.17.324

(1) A vehicle that both

(a) uses at least one method of propulsion that is capable of being
reenergized by an external source of electricity and

(b) is capable of traveling at least thirty miles using only battery
power, is subject to an annual seventy-five dollar transportation
electrification fee to be collected

Back